There are newer employer reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

Expect a new challenge everyday!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The PTO is very generous. I see negative comments about working in the call center and that irritates me. The point is If you work hard, the managers do take notice! This is work and a call center at that! Your going to have some irate, crazy callers and your going to have nice, friendly callers. Simple as that! As far as training goes, I have worked in numerous call centers and they all give you basic training. You as individual need to take pride in your job and learn it as best as you can with what you have. If you feel your training materials or the system were not to your standards, be proactive and do something about it. Create your own learning templates and make suggestions. Even with refresher training and materials that can be read during ones own time, some reps still give bad information and that is not management fault! You need to take responsibility for your own work and make work easier for you. If you really dedicate yourself to being a rep, calls will be a slice of cake for you. I worked very hard for any promotion I've had. It wasn't because I was a favorite, it was because of my ambition to do well.Growth is always available to those who put in the work. Management team is very easy to talk to and will work with you.

Cons

Work-life balance, more flexibility to work from home from a call center perspective. The Tier II"s do a lot of the BA work without proper training or time.

Other Employee Reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

Dynamic, challenging, fun work environment with lots of growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to wide range of projects/technologies contributes to growth of skillsets. Ability to directly influence business results and be recognized for positive results. Company provides technology solutions as well as client services, so there is opportunity to learn and grow in both areas. Solid training on technology applications. Company is growing very quickly, so there are a lot of organic growth opportunities - both from a compensation and role perspective. Small company mentality - direct access to senior management and employees are empowered to suggest and implement changes that influence results positively. Company does a good job of hiring strong performers.

Cons

Providing services to clients will always be challenging if the client's perception is that the services being delivered are not of high quality. The ability of employees to directly influence the quality of the services provided makes this managable. Keeping up with company growth from a human capital perspective is challenging, but also leads to a lot of career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on keeping small company mentality and continue to avoid red tape and bureaucracy that makes large organizations inflexible.

Valued and Empowered

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is one in which employees input is respected. Autonomy is the norm and there is total access to the executive team which works collaboratively toward a successful, winning environment. As a newcomber, I feel fortunate that inclusion and consistent confidence building is a priority for our management team, mine in particular.

Cons

If you can handle the challenging pace, you will enjoy your career here.

Advice to Management

Maintain the events which foster employee input and boost morale such as the Town Meetings, charity oriented events, holiday meals, tournaments and other appreciation events.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Apr 14, 2014 – Manager, Corporate Functions

Thank you for adding your opinions and experiences to our Glassdoor site. Empyrean is a dynamic, high-energy company where every employee is empowered to make a difference.