Empyrean Benefit Solutions

www.goempyrean.com

Collaborative, Client-focused, & Solution-driven

Current Employee - Product Development  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Product Development in Houston, TX

Pros

Collaborative: service and technology solutions grow from input provided by employees across the organizational structure--if your job supports the business service, you have a voice in how that service is created and enhanced.
Client-focused: our clients are also partners in the collaborative process. No legacy concept is sacred...All ideas are welcome and evaluated.
Solution-driven: meeting the unique needs for our clients is our primary objective. Our system offers unparalleled flexibility that allows Empyrean to tailor solutions to the specific needs of our clients and their plan design

Cons

Realist expectations: Matching our solution-driven, client-focused orientation with appropriate time lines is a challenge. Flexible, unique, client-specific solutions require time to define, configure, test, and release for production. Significant improvements in the implementation process during 2012-2013 has significantly improved results and client satisfaction. Developing buy-in and enforcing discipline throughout the organization will be needed to maintain the momentum and permeate the culture. Early involvement by the clients will help gain their enthusiastic partnership.

High-touch: Maintain the open-door policy that allows access by every employee to senior management. It has been a fundamental component of our historical success.
Visibility: Continued participation in work groups, training, orientation meetings will reinforce multi-discipline, cross-functional collaboration and build synergy throughout the organization.
Relationships: our clients love the personal connection they have with senior management.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Jul 29, 2014Manager, Corporate Functions

Thank you for posting your in-depth review. Many of your ‘pros’ reflect the values of Empyrean: Service Excellence; Innovation; Collaboration; Empowerment and Stewardship. As you mention, we are a ... More

Other reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

Stupid and Lazy People need not apply

Current Employee - You Know Who I Am  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - You Know Who I Am in Houston, TX

Pros

-Small company growing fast, lots of work with chance to automate anything you wish. The current system is so flexible it could do anything, there's only one weakness, stupid people, you can work hard or work smart at Empyrean, working hard is not as respected as working smart (as it should be), so just cause you put in 80 hours a week doesn't mean you're going to get promoted, automate a process and save 200 man hours a month, that'll get you promoted. LOTS of work... but to me that's a good thing, constantly learning, innovating, thinking of new ways to do things, and never bored.

Cons

complaining people who say they don't pay enough and they're over worked (talking to you writing bad reviews on here). Seriously, shut up, if you don't like Empyrean leave, you're responsible for how much you make not Empyrean. no vacation sell.

Need more company functions that everyone can attend, sorry but i'm not driving 2 hours there and back to go to a 4 hour picnic. VACATION SELL!!!! please!!! i love working here, but feel like i'm getting cheated cause i don't really like to take vacation but feel like a need to because if not i'm going to loose those hours.

Just one person's point of view

Pros

1. Directors and Senior Management are great at what they do. Extremely knowledgeable of the domain and have lots of helpful insight.

2. Almost unlimited responsibility for those that are willing to take it on.

Cons

1. Unethical sales. Typical maybe, but far worse than what I have experienced. Clients are shown a demo website that is not live in production on any client. It often has many features we do not currently support.

2. This is not a technology company. No matter how this company presents itself it is not a technology. As of this review the position of CTO has not been filled. The upper management is the biggest pro of this company, but none of them have a background in technology.

3. The 80/20 rule is not true here. 90% of the work is easily done right now by 10% of the workforce. This has lead to an extremely high turnover of talented employees. High Turn over is never good, but this has really lead to young talent exiting the company.

4. The company feels the need to respond to glassDoor reviews and not let their actions bring employees onto the website to make changes. This is just marketing 101 on the internet.

Fill the upper technology management positions with people on level with your talent. Pay the talent to stay.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Apr 30, 2014HR

Empyrean works hard to develop state-of-the-art technology and services that enable our clients to derive value from our solutions. All prospective clients are shown a demo that is live code in ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Worked for Empyrean Benefit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!