Emtec

www.emtecinc.com
  www.emtecinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emtec

Newbie. No complaints. Patience Required.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Emtec full-time

Pros

Work/life balance has been great so far. Even when the pace picks up during projects, there is flexibility in how your work is completed, as long as its timely and high quality. Outstanding co-workers. Training has gotten better compared to the past (from what I hear): my training consisted of meeting with members of the management team and senior consultants, along with self-study tools.

Cons

A merger/acquisition was wrapping up when I started, and Emtec has had mutliple MA's in the past couple years. The effect is that sometimes the company doesn't seem fully unified, but management has gotten better about projecting a cohesive vision and strategy. The MA's have also caused turnover, but the dust is starting to settle.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Emtec (View Most Recent)

a so so company to work for

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Emtec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very flexible, work laptop, work phone.
    the choice of working from home or from the office, bosses are laid back you are left to do what ever you want with your time during bench time.

Cons

low pay, company is segregated, benefits are a joke. No training, No opportunities for career advancement, work becomes a routine like a corporate job where you do the same thing every project.

listen to consultant's feed back, look for areas to grow the practices to offer new services.

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

Former Employee - Network Design & Engineer in Springfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Network Design & Engineer in Springfield, NJ

I worked at Emtec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the time I worked there, it was called Westwood Computer Corporation. Left in 2002. Good salary, work was enjoyable.

Cons

Little money for training of IT staff, no company car available, no clear instructions on how to do things.

Organize and have a plans and procedures for working with clients. Various IT staff would just go into a site and start installing hardware without a clearly defined plan if things didn't work right (such as telecom or wiring company not showing up and completing pre-installation work when promised).

There are newer employer reviews for Emtec