There are newer employer reviews for Enaxis Consulting

Great atmosphere, but challenged communication

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting

Pros

Smart people on teams, interesting clients and projects

Cons

leadership has a tendency to 'avoid' bad news to staff, making things worse instead of facing them directly

Keep things simple and fix interal processes as you grow the client base

20 Other Employee Reviews for Enaxis Consulting (View Most Recent)

Very negative work environment

I worked at Enaxis Consulting

Pros

- Small firm, gets to know everyone, rather than just being a number
    - Excellent coworkers
    - Interesting projects to work on

Cons

- During economic hardship, decided to cut people's salary by 50% but still expecting them to be happy and put in 45 hrs a week. Meanwhile, one of the owners was buying a new 5,000 sq ft house in Bellaire City.
    - Extremely political. Promotion/project placement are based on whether the leadership likes the person, not the capabilities.
    - Cheap. Terrible/non-existent internal training and no external training offered (unless you are well connected).
    - Very negative work environment where management only pretends to care about the wellbeing of employees. Have heard the owner said: "we pay them enough for them not to complain."
    - Pays at 40hr/week but expects everyone to bill 45hrs a week to the client. The "up to" 10% bonus is suppose to compensate for the extra hours, but management finds any reason not to give it out. Examples include taking vacation/sickness (counts against total utilization if you take time off), not on a project, or that they just don't like you.

Hostile work environment where someone might yell at you for little reason. Or be extremely nice and then turn around and back stab you. Basically, in order to work/survive the place, bring in your own project or kiss up to the leadership.

Excellent work experience overall, I feel like part of a strong team with exemplary consulting skills.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

Value offering to the client is immense. My colleagues are very high-caliber consultants, and it is a truly collaborative team. I have both reached out for and provided expertise in areas where a colleague (or me) felt their skills needed a boost. You are never out there alone on an assignment -- I feel like someone's got my back at all times. Training and continual education offerings are excellent. You really can grow here, if you have the right attitude and make the commitment.

Cons

Senior management is brilliant and personable, but often too busy to understand an issue in full. Everyone is spread thin, possibly an effect of such a dynamic firm. I work a lot -- not sure I have ever achieved that work-life balance that is talked about... Expectations could be made clearer; onboarding process is good, but has not covered enough.

Approach growth cautiously. Do whatever you can to not lose the collaborative, family-feeling that keeps so many of us there. Also, maybe spend some time with each of your consultants on a regular basis to maintain that personal touch, take one of your employees out for coffee every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Enaxis Consulting

Worked for Enaxis Consulting? Contribute to the Community!