There are newer employer reviews for Enaxis Consulting

Wonderful consulting firm - excellent leadership

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment of hard-working, ethical consultants.
Hires smart people that will fit with the company values and atmosphere. Retains and rewards them if they follow through!
Leadership really cares about well-being and happiness of all employees.
Generous, fun, and familial atmosphere.
Leadership is committed to training, professional growth and helping consultants get certified in several areas, which will help consultants be diversified and able to fit where needed, especially when clients tighten their belts an opportunities are scarce.
Great opportunities for team bonding, happy hours, book club, charitable activities, fun runs, parties, etc.
Nice offices, good technology.
Leadership cares about continuous improvement, as evidenced by their annual employee survey and the corrective actions they take in response.
Works hard to provide clear expectations, performance management. Impressed with supporting technology for back office functions (such as performance management, knowledge management, time/expense reporting, marketing, business development, etc.). Very impressive for a firm this size.
Wonderful culture! I plan on being at Enaxis for the long haul.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.
Some senior managers/leaders could be better at coaching, communicating and advocating for their matrix.
Would like to see a spring/summer picnic.

The principals do a great job of trying to stay connected with consultants. However, sometimes it feels forced and they "don't have the time" to spare.
The mantra of wanting employees to be happy, especially in their assignments, could be reinforced by providing more opportunity to discuss how things are going, making it "safe" for employees to share dis-contentedness, seeking to understand to understand what actions the employee wants, and then acting on it.
Would be nice for consultants to have more input on their project assignments.

Dec 8, 2014Talent Director

Thank you! Your feedback feedback was helpful.

reviews filtered by

Very Deceitful

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Minimal travel, some decent coworkers, latest technology

Cons

Horrible management, fake reviews on this site (yes, the marketing guy wrote most of them), low pay, no ethics, not growing

Change the management - need people that can actually grow a company

Dec 8, 2014Talent Director

Thank you for your review, we're sorry to hear this. We have grown about 25 - 30% for almost 4 years in a row, so we believe the management team is doing a great job of growing the company and ... More

Still the same ego-driven place

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Low travel for most
    Can work in I.T. without deep technical skills
    Largest client (half their business) is a great credential

Cons

Benefits were very minimal though I hear they now have a 401K match.
    Profit sharing payments at the end of one year can be deducted from your bonus the next year; only a small number of "favorites" are paid decently, and if they don't like you, watch your bonus disappear
    Social events were used to judge how into the firm you were
    Watch out for the "culture": I was looking over the reviews and spoke to some former colleagues that are still there and it sounds like it's still the same old place. From the 4/16/11 review to the 2/15/13 review to the new 4/16/14 review, there has been no evolution of a self-centered group of owners that run the firm according to their egos and are not concerned about insulting and belittling those below them.

Realize the disconnect between your actions and your words and stop using the firm as a vehicle for your egos

Dec 8, 2014Talent Director

We realize that there will be some unhappy folks who are no longer with us, but we hope readers will take the time to learn more about us and decide for themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Enaxis Consulting