Enaxis Consulting

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Enaxis Consulting

Very negative work environment

I worked at Enaxis Consulting

Pros

- Small firm, gets to know everyone, rather than just being a number
- Excellent coworkers
- Interesting projects to work on

Cons

- During economic hardship, decided to cut people's salary by 50% but still expecting them to be happy and put in 45 hrs a week. Meanwhile, one of the owners was buying a new 5,000 sq ft house in Bellaire City.
- Extremely political. Promotion/project placement are based on whether the leadership likes the person, not the capabilities.
- Cheap. Terrible/non-existent internal training and no external training offered (unless you are well connected).
- Very negative work environment where management only pretends to care about the wellbeing of employees. Have heard the owner said: "we pay them enough for them not to complain."
- Pays at 40hr/week but expects everyone to bill 45hrs a week to the client. The "up to" 10% bonus is suppose to compensate for the extra hours, but management finds any reason not to give it out. Examples include taking vacation/sickness (counts against total utilization if you take time off), not on a project, or that they just don't like you.

Hostile work environment where someone might yell at you for little reason. Or be extremely nice and then turn around and back stab you. Basically, in order to work/survive the place, bring in your own project or kiss up to the leadership.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Enaxis Consulting (View Most Recent)

First class colleagues in an culture of excellence

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Having been at both larger and smaller consulting firms, I find that Enaxis is the right balance between the two. It has the right infrastructure to allow consultants to focus on their jobs, while presenting a wide range of growth opportunities. The diverse backgrounds and skill-sets present at Enaxis mean that we really can leverage each others' knowledge when needed. Additionally, there is a real focus on work life balance and ensuring that the employees don't burn out.

Cons

As the firm continues to grow, ensuring that the latest information is readily available to employees will be key to effective scaling. Additionally, building the necessary structures to continue to grow and mature consultants in a manner beneficial to the employee and the firm will be required to build the next set of Enaxis consultants.

Over the past year, we've done a good job making investments in the back office that allow for a more streamlined work environment. The company culture is excellent; as we grow we need to make sure we keep the maintenance of the company culture a focus.

Small Firm, Big Opportunity

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Despite being a smaller firm compared to typical IT or management consulting firms, Enaxis conducts itself as a large, established firm through its service offerings and client portfolio.

There is good opportunity for career advancement through gaining experience and developing skills on client engagements, training and company-sponsored certification courses, and firm development (business development, writing white papers, etc.).

Good work-life balance and focus on working hard, but understanding that everyone has a life, friends and family outside of work.

Cons

Senior Team and performance managers can engage their teams more to help ensure their goals are being achieved and provide guidance for career advancement.

Through continued growth, maintain what has made Enaxis a great place to work -- the family atmosphere.

Enaxis Consulting Response