good

Current Employee - Operator  in  Strawn, TX
Current Employee - Operator in Strawn, TX

I have been working at Enbridge Energy

Pros

flexable time with family and work

Cons

understaff in operations and workload

Other Reviews for Enbridge Energy

Enbridge internship

Former Employee - Off Shore Commercial Development Intern  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Off Shore Commercial Development Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Enbridge Energy

Pros

Interning with Enbridge was great. I worked with them during the summer of 2010 as an intern with the off shore commercial development team. It is a large and established company, but you get to interact with management quit a bit. They were extremely excited to have me as an intern, and really looked for ways to get me involved with their work. I came away from the internship with a good knowledge base of the oil & gas industry. Overall, great place to work, great atmosphere, great employees, very talented and knowledgeable management. This company is in good hands.

Cons

Very few cons, this group was always looking to teach me and enhance my experience as much as possible. The only con would be that for this particular internship, there didn't seem to be very many openings for entry level positions.

Interview candidates earlier. I interviewed during finals in May, and received an offer a few days later. I had offers to other places, and was barley able to hold out until I heard back from Enbridge. I can only suspect that many of the most talented candidates had already been forced to accept other offers. Interview before March or April.

Enbridge is a Rising Star in the Energy Area.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enbridge Energy

Pros

Very well thought out business plan. Communication from Senior Management down to employees is handled very well. Executives are very easy to approach and talk with.
    Work hours are very flexible. Enbridge instituted the Flexible Work Week in 2006. An employee can work flex days, or four 9 hour days with every other Friday off, or four 9 hour days with half day Fridays.

Cons

Houston being so spread out, the company is pretty much required to be located downtown. The commute from the outskirts of Houston to downtown can be difficult at times. There are very few locations near downtown for a family, due to either education concerns or environment concerns. Thus for family reasons, most people choose to live in the outskirts of Houston.

Keep up the good work and communications.

There are newer employer reviews for Enbridge Energy.

Worked for Enbridge Energy? Contribute to the Community!