There are newer employer reviews for Encana

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Encana full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great wage, great benefits, with a real team atmosphere. Great presence in the local community and always willing to donate time and money to help out.

Cons

Too rapid of growth and some questionable decision by previous upper management hurt the company and caused some divestment and contraction.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Encana (View Most Recent)

A good place to work

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Encana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive team environment, good atmosphere to work, work is challenging and engaging, a proud company with history

Cons

Mixed messages at times from management, not too open to new ideas but that appears to be changing.

Great company until 2013. Future is likely good.

Former Employee - Geologist  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Geologist in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Encana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation and benefits, Fridays off were fantastic. Great work-life balance for my position (Geologist).

Cons

2013 was an ugly year for the company. There was so much wasted time and non-productivity waiting for the next decision to come in the re-structuring of the company. I had months (yes months) where there was no or little direction. Towards the layoff period we basically just waited for them to let us know if we were going to be let go or not.
    Management was overall pretty weak, though, mostly due to not having any ideas what was going on.

Hopefully you did indeed pick the best plays going forward. The company went from "all-in" on natural gas, to all in on the big 5. Last chance in my opinion.
    Having said that, I believe that Doug Suttles is a very smart CEO and will likely get this company back to being great again.

There are newer employer reviews for Encana

Worked for Encana? Contribute to the Community!