There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health

Great company offering stability and growth opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

Company has tripled in size in the 5 years that I've been employed. There are many opportunities for advancement, and bonus / salary compensation is above the average in the home health industry. Benefits are great - including 4 weeks of PDO a year, health insurance at a great rate and 401k with matching. I've worked for small "mom and pop" home health companies and I've worked for large corporations, and this company seems to be the best of both. The executive team still has a lot of "hands on" access, and employees have direct access of communication when they want.

Cons

Expectations are high at Encompass. They expect higher monthly numbers out of their sales reps than the average competitor, but their compensation and bonus plan is also much better. Office staff is expected to carry bigger caseloads than at most companies, but again, there's a bonus package for those positions as well. Clinical field staff also have higher productivity packages, but again - there's a productivity bonus plan for those positions as well.

Advice to Management

Corporate management team does a great job of defining goals for the year, developing specialty programs, and encouraging retention and focusing on employee satisfaction. Local management at some of the branches don't always seem to follow the same focus on employee retention and implementing corporate philosophies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not my favorite scar

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

Pay was ok, no bounced checks, office people got yearly bonus in March. There is plenty to do.

Cons

Learn by making mistakes, training is frugally handed out. Upper level management have favorites which may do as they like. Once they have finished getting what they wanted out of you as an employee they begin writing you up for little things and then fire you so they won't have to pay unemployment compensation. Turn over is very high. Honesty is not their strong point.

Advice to Management

You don't have to kill that office to make sure you succeed when you and your little click move on.

2. Very happy with Encompass Home Health!!!!!

Current Employee - Area Manager in Virginia (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Virginia (South Africa)

I have been working at Encompass Home Health full-time

Pros

My DM is very supportive and involved as is his boss. The company as a whole gives every employee in every position all the resources to do the job and do it well.

Cons

As an AM your success depends on how well field staff do their job and follow through on what you are marketing. We tell referral sources about pt teaching guides but nobody gives them out.

Advice to Management

BM's need to 1 Hold field staff and office staff accountable.2 Have field staff document passing out pt teaching guides.3 Listen to what employees and referral sources are saying and fix the problem immediately, not when upper management finds out and you act as though you had no idea.