Encompass Home Health

Rewarding

Current Employee - Rn- Case Manager in Muskogee, OK
Current Employee - Rn- Case Manager in Muskogee, OK

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

As a prn employee, i am in total control of my schedule. I am almost always available to work between 9 & 3, mon-fri. I ususally have all the work i want. I love being able to be out and about and not stuck indoors all day. I love being able to run an errand or pay a bill in between seeing patients. I love that if my children have an activity at school, i can attend. I love the office staff. Everyone is nice and we get along good. I feel comfortable coming to any of them with questions or concerns. I love my patients and taking care of them. Encompass provides us with hand held electronic tablets to do our charting and that makes caring for the patient in the home very effecient. If you have a question or need to know something, the patients chart is right there on your device, not back at the office. It makes charting so much easier. This job fits around my family, not my family around my job. Since working at encompass, i am so spoiled! I dont think i will ever be able to go nack to working those horrible 12 hour hospital shifts again!

Cons

Hmmmm...well, i'm trying to think up some negatives. The charting used to be a nightmare, i wont lie. But since we have our new devices, it has totally made charting so much easier. I wish they would provide the keyboards instead of having to purchase them out of pocket, but no big deal. If someone has a problem with their workload, then they should say something about it and not grumble around to other employees. I was pregnant, plus had 3 other boys, and a single mom when i worked full time, back when we had the old, smaller devices and it was tuff sometimes but i managed. On-call was a butt kicker at times, but sometimes you had on-call weeks where you didnt have to go out much. Sometimes documenting all the care coordination i do is difficult. I am on my phone all day in between visits calling the clinical supervisors about patient issues, or calling doctor offices, or calling patients to follow up with them, calling pharmacy to have meds refilled, calking patients family members. All that has to be put in the chart so that the care i give is reflected, but it can be hard getting those notes put in. I'm ususally calling while i'm driving but i can't chart and drive. If i had a personal driver to haul me around from visit to visit so i could use the time to document, i would be one happy girl.

i need a personal driver and a keyboard for my device. Thats about it. I love my coworkers. I love my patients and i love that there is always some candy available and a pleasant atmosphere whenever i pop in to the office.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Encompass Home Health (View Most Recent)

Best Company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

I've seen the company grow at an incredible pace for almost a decade now, and yet there is still a feeling of a small company present in the company's culture and mix. The Executive leadership is truly fantastic, with great vision, business acumen, and exceptional integrity. And I have a great rapport with my immediate supervisor. Our mission is about taking great care of our employees, so they in turn, can provide the best possible health care to our patients. It's great to work for a company that emphasizes ethics and professionalism in the workplace. The company has proven to be financially strong during my time with the company, even while in an industry that is challenged by Medicare cuts and strict regulations. Another thing that is great is our nurses, therapists, and aides are among the most talented people I've ever worked with. My experience has been that I have always been treated with fairness and professional respect. The company has provided great tools to help me do my job well and to know what is expected of me. As I said, the people I work with are the best people I've ever worked with.

Cons

I don't consider it a downside, but Encompass is a company that expects its employees to perform at a high level and on a consistent basis. That doesn't bother me however, because I think it helps all of us stay on top of our professional skills and abilities, and helps the company stay profitable and helps fuel our growth.

I hope Management will continue to make yourselves avialable to us as employees, and continue to solicit our feedback and input on matters impacting employees and company culture.

Great company offering stability and growth opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

Company has tripled in size in the 5 years that I've been employed. There are many opportunities for advancement, and bonus / salary compensation is above the average in the home health industry. Benefits are great - including 4 weeks of PDO a year, health insurance at a great rate and 401k with matching. I've worked for small "mom and pop" home health companies and I've worked for large corporations, and this company seems to be the best of both. The executive team still has a lot of "hands on" access, and employees have direct access of communication when they want.

Cons

Expectations are high at Encompass. They expect higher monthly numbers out of their sales reps than the average competitor, but their compensation and bonus plan is also much better. Office staff is expected to carry bigger caseloads than at most companies, but again, there's a bonus package for those positions as well. Clinical field staff also have higher productivity packages, but again - there's a productivity bonus plan for those positions as well.

Corporate management team does a great job of defining goals for the year, developing specialty programs, and encouraging retention and focusing on employee satisfaction. Local management at some of the branches don't always seem to follow the same focus on employee retention and implementing corporate philosophies.

There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health