There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health

Best Company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

I've seen the company grow at an incredible pace for almost a decade now, and yet there is still a feeling of a small company present in the company's culture and mix. The Executive leadership is truly fantastic, with great vision, business acumen, and exceptional integrity. And I have a great rapport with my immediate supervisor. Our mission is about taking great care of our employees, so they in turn, can provide the best possible health care to our patients. It's great to work for a company that emphasizes ethics and professionalism in the workplace. The company has proven to be financially strong during my time with the company, even while in an industry that is challenged by Medicare cuts and strict regulations. Another thing that is great is our nurses, therapists, and aides are among the most talented people I've ever worked with. My experience has been that I have always been treated with fairness and professional respect. The company has provided great tools to help me do my job well and to know what is expected of me. As I said, the people I work with are the best people I've ever worked with.

Cons

I don't consider it a downside, but Encompass is a company that expects its employees to perform at a high level and on a consistent basis. That doesn't bother me however, because I think it helps all of us stay on top of our professional skills and abilities, and helps the company stay profitable and helps fuel our growth.

Advice to Management

I hope Management will continue to make yourselves avialable to us as employees, and continue to solicit our feedback and input on matters impacting employees and company culture.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company offering stability and growth opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

Company has tripled in size in the 5 years that I've been employed. There are many opportunities for advancement, and bonus / salary compensation is above the average in the home health industry. Benefits are great - including 4 weeks of PDO a year, health insurance at a great rate and 401k with matching. I've worked for small "mom and pop" home health companies and I've worked for large corporations, and this company seems to be the best of both. The executive team still has a lot of "hands on" access, and employees have direct access of communication when they want.

Cons

Expectations are high at Encompass. They expect higher monthly numbers out of their sales reps than the average competitor, but their compensation and bonus plan is also much better. Office staff is expected to carry bigger caseloads than at most companies, but again, there's a bonus package for those positions as well. Clinical field staff also have higher productivity packages, but again - there's a productivity bonus plan for those positions as well.

Advice to Management

Corporate management team does a great job of defining goals for the year, developing specialty programs, and encouraging retention and focusing on employee satisfaction. Local management at some of the branches don't always seem to follow the same focus on employee retention and implementing corporate philosophies.

Not my favorite scar

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Encompass Home Health

Pros

Pay was ok, no bounced checks, office people got yearly bonus in March. There is plenty to do.

Cons

Learn by making mistakes, training is frugally handed out. Upper level management have favorites which may do as they like. Once they have finished getting what they wanted out of you as an employee they begin writing you up for little things and then fire you so they won't have to pay unemployment compensation. Turn over is very high. Honesty is not their strong point.

Advice to Management

You don't have to kill that office to make sure you succeed when you and your little click move on.

There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health