Encompass Home Health

www.ehhi.com

It's all about $$$

Former Employee - Management  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Management in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

The office and field staff are generally great to work with, but the upper management can't seem to figure out why the good staff leave. Or... They don't give a darn.

Cons

Upper Management is seriously disconnected from the Parent and Branches. Focus on the bottom-line has significantly clouded the judgement of those who make the decisions. The Clinical staff are no longer able to take care of patients appropriately because the Marketing structure makes most of the decisions. If you want to become a Stepford employee, then this is your dream job! A "Better Way to Care" does not extend to the employees.

Take the Management Structure down about 2 levels, let the field Clinicians do their job, and stop the money hammer mantra. And switch from Kool Aid to a nice brisk ice tea!

Other reviews for Encompass Home Health

Don't drink the Kool aid!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Rapidly expanding corporate machine intent on dominating the market.

Cons

Typical corporate shpiel touting their uniqueness and innovative and groundbreaking programs that are light years above the competition. In reality, they are no different then any other corporation; bent on aggressive growth with little consideration for the employees who are truly responsible for their growth. Marketing is more important than retaining quality care providers, and much is spent on it. Expect to be a dispensable cog in the wheel if you choose to work here.

Pay your qualified and experienced staff reasonably, and reward their loyalty and commitment. Patient care is what drives your business. Realize this and growth will follow. Reward loyalty, experience, and professionalism. Place less emphasis on marketing and exponential growth, and more on patient care.

Rewarding

Current Employee - Rn- Case Manager  in  Muskogee, OK
    Current Employee - Rn- Case Manager in Muskogee, OK

Pros

As a prn employee, i am in total control of my schedule. I am almost always available to work between 9 & 3, mon-fri. I ususally have all the work i want. I love being able to be out and about and not stuck indoors all day. I love being able to run an errand or pay a bill in between seeing patients. I love that if my children have an activity at school, i can attend. I love the office staff. Everyone is nice and we get along good. I feel comfortable coming to any of them with questions or concerns. I love my patients and taking care of them. Encompass provides us with hand held electronic tablets to do our charting and that makes caring for the patient in the home very effecient. If you have a question or need to know something, the patients chart is right there on your device, not back at the office. It makes charting so much easier. This job fits around my family, not my family around my job. Since working at encompass, i am so spoiled! I dont think i will ever be able to go nack to working those horrible 12 hour hospital shifts again!

Cons

Hmmmm...well, i'm trying to think up some negatives. The charting used to be a nightmare, i wont lie. But since we have our new devices, it has totally made charting so much easier. I wish they would provide the keyboards instead of having to purchase them out of pocket, but no big deal. If someone has a problem with their workload, then they should say something about it and not grumble around to other employees. I was pregnant, plus had 3 other boys, and a single mom when i worked full time, back when we had the old, smaller devices and it was tuff sometimes but i managed. On-call was a butt kicker at times, but sometimes you had on-call weeks where you didnt have to go out much. Sometimes documenting all the care coordination i do is difficult. I am on my phone all day in between visits calling the clinical supervisors about patient issues, or calling doctor offices, or calling patients to follow up with them, calling pharmacy to have meds refilled, calking patients family members. All that has to be put in the chart so that the care i give is reflected, but it can be hard getting those notes put in. I'm ususally calling while i'm driving but i can't chart and drive. If i had a personal driver to haul me around from visit to visit so i could use the time to document, i would be one happy girl.

i need a personal driver and a keyboard for my device. Thats about it. I love my coworkers. I love my patients and i love that there is always some candy available and a pleasant atmosphere whenever i pop in to the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health.

Worked for Encompass Home Health? Contribute to the Community!