Encompass Home Health

www.ehhi.com
There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health

Not REALLY a Best company as portrayed--average length of employment is only 4 months!

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Conroe, TX
Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Encompass Home Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined the company because it was supposed to be a Best Company. They promised a car after 3 months home health full time. Their documentation device was well thought out.

Cons

The company kept demanding higher financial productivity/visits per week, but kept enlarging my territory, until at last it was 90 miles north to south, 60 miles east to west, making it impossible to keep their productivity standards as the sole therapist covering that large an area. The week I worked 67 hours, was paid for 40, drove 120 miles two days that week and 190 miles another day that week, saw 7 clients each off the two days I did not have to drive as far, and I still did not make their productivity standards--which kept me from being allowed to drive a company car, to save my car--I had a wake up call that this company did not live up to its promises. This kept going on week after week, and when I asked for help with the caseload, was put off, saying they did not have enough business to hire help for me. They also were not supportive at all, but punitive when I had to deal with difficult clients. I also was denied payment for vacation that was approved before my resignation that I had earned . I was supposed to get an orientation, but as an experienced therapist, I was forced to train a very unqualified therapist assistant to do her job, instead of getting orientation to the company myself.

Balance better your financial productivity standards with the actual driving distance/demands of your staff. Pay people the vacation they have earned, even after resignation. I understand that some longtime employees in companies may decide not to take vacation and build up a giant overload, and you may need to place some limits on how much can be paid upon resignation, but I'd earned 5 days total and was denied payment. Have your local directors of nursing for an area ride not only with the nurses, but the therapists to see their load, issues they have to deal with , too.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Encompass Home Health (View Most Recent)

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Branch Director
    Current Employee - Branch Director

I have been working at Encompass Home Health full-time

Pros

Pay and financial incentives for success, 30 days PDO, technologically advanced, supportive management, company cars, leadership seminars, ethical company, positive culture, Encompass Cares non-profit organization that assists with employee hardship, community projects, and medical mission trips for employees and partners.

Cons

On call, low mileage reimbursement. Patient homes are often unsanitary.

Continue to be approachable and strive for ways to simplify processes to improve productivity and job satisfaction.

Run away. They don't care about you. They will throw you under the bus!

Former Employee - Nurse in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Encompass Home Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A few nice people. Like 3 in admin and maybe 10 out of the office.

Cons

Lots of not nice people. Company is predatory. 250% turnover for nursing. Not admin positions they stay forever. . Admin is uneducated and doesn't care about anything but profit. Some of the admin is so trashy tacky it's just sad. They expect everyone to act and look just as trashy. That would be the culture of the company.

None they don't listen or care. They think they already know everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health