There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health

I had a good experience there at Encompass, one to remember for sure.

I worked at Encompass Home Health

Pros

Depending on your goals, there was plenty of room to grow, providing there were open positions.

Cons

Compensation of the nursing staff lacked MUCH. They truly need to work on that in order to improve nursing morale throughout the company.

Take a break from monetarily appreciating therapists and take a chance on nurses for a change.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Encompass Home Health (View Most Recent)

Not REALLY a Best company as portrayed--average length of employment is only 4 months!

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist  in  Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Conroe, TX

I worked at Encompass Home Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the company because it was supposed to be a Best Company. They promised a car after 3 months home health full time. Their documentation device was well thought out.

Cons

The company kept demanding higher financial productivity/visits per week, but kept enlarging my territory, until at last it was 90 miles north to south, 60 miles east to west, making it impossible to keep their productivity standards as the sole therapist covering that large an area. The week I worked 67 hours, was paid for 40, drove 120 miles two days that week and 190 miles another day that week, saw 7 clients each off the two days I did not have to drive as far, and I still did not make their productivity standards--which kept me from being allowed to drive a company car, to save my car--I had a wake up call that this company did not live up to its promises. This kept going on week after week, and when I asked for help with the caseload, was put off, saying they did not have enough business to hire help for me. They also were not supportive at all, but punitive when I had to deal with difficult clients. I also was denied payment for vacation that was approved before my resignation that I had earned . I was supposed to get an orientation, but as an experienced therapist, I was forced to train a very unqualified therapist assistant to do her job, instead of getting orientation to the company myself.

Balance better your financial productivity standards with the actual driving distance/demands of your staff. Pay people the vacation they have earned, even after resignation. I understand that some longtime employees in companies may decide not to take vacation and build up a giant overload, and you may need to place some limits on how much can be paid upon resignation, but I'd earned 5 days total and was denied payment. Have your local directors of nursing for an area ride not only with the nurses, but the therapists to see their load, issues they have to deal with , too.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Branch Director
    Current Employee - Branch Director

I have been working at Encompass Home Health full-time

Pros

Pay and financial incentives for success, 30 days PDO, technologically advanced, supportive management, company cars, leadership seminars, ethical company, positive culture, Encompass Cares non-profit organization that assists with employee hardship, community projects, and medical mission trips for employees and partners.

Cons

On call, low mileage reimbursement. Patient homes are often unsanitary.

Continue to be approachable and strive for ways to simplify processes to improve productivity and job satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health

Worked for Encompass Home Health? Contribute to the Community!