Fun While It Lasted

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Encore Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a recruiter, I worked with some fantastic hiring managers, as well as intelligent, hard-working colleagues. The company prides itself on work-life balance and holds true to this for the most part. Lots of opportunities for gaining experience in new areas, such as helping to launch their CSR initiative, which was rewarding for me. Major focus on consumer interaction, which given their debt purchasing/collections business model, was refreshing and great to see. 50% 401(k) match is pretty good.

Cons

Truly dysfunctional HR management and process. Lots of ad hoc requests and administrative time-suck. Had a great manager that quit the company after lengthy disagreement with the director. The consultants they brought in to replace her were defunct. I found myself taking on lots of responsibilities that should not have belonged to me. A promotional opportunity promised to me ultimately proved nonexistent. Benefits were okay with the exception of 401(k) match. Could offer more perks to employees that would help to retain great people. The culture is highly analytical, which could be great for some, and bland/boring for others.

Advice to Management

Focus more attention on sub-executive management employees, offering better perks to keep people more satisfied and not just plugging away like automatons. There is enormous focus on the bottom line at all times, which is often lost in translation for non-management employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. good company

I have been working at Encore Capital Group full-time

Pros

we have very good infrastucutre

Cons

need to concentrate on employee centricity

Advice to Management

work on pepople now

Good if you want to be comfortable

I have been working at Encore Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great coworkers. Everyone is friendly welcoming. There are decent employee events
    - Flexible work hours
    - Wellness incentives

Cons

- No real focus on training and development; if you want to pursue these opportunities, you have to fight to get them
    - Benefits and compensation; insurance is terrible (despite wellness incentives)
    - Communication in a large department - not everyone gets the right information at the right time
    - At least in this department, there is a high number of temporary employees which results in high turnover and constant training

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Provide more opportunities for growth and training.
    Reconsider having a larger temporary workforce. This puts a lot of stress on the environment. We are in a constant stage of hiring and training. We haven't been able to develop the expertise and knowledge that one needs