Encore

Hi Stress and Poor Management

Former Employee - Software Development in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Software Development in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Encore

Pros

I enjoyed the work environment and some of the folks I worked with. We had a nice office over by LAX which was fun to work at. The pay was okay but management was stiff and stodgy about benefits, time off, etc.

Cons

Management was poor and there was no room for growth in this dying business. Our games were average at best and there was absolutely no motivation to innovate. Basically a software sweatshop developing stuff no one buys from stores anymore. Imagine that????

Be honest with your employees about the business, your mistakes and the problems. Quit delegating and start performing. Adapt to change and embrace new ideas instead of towing the corporate line leaving the employees to hang at the end.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Encore (View Most Recent)

Don't hold your breath for a raise or job growth.

Former Employee - Sales & Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales & Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Encore

Pros

You get paid to do your job. You have a job which many don't have. You can work hard and be rewarded with a layoff. Thank you CM & Encore.

Cons

Senior management was lazy and I feel we were underpaid and overworked during my time with the company. Cal Morrell is not someone I would work with or under again. He was incompetent and many felt he failed to do his job properly which is why I think we got laid off. His poor judgement caused many problems for us and eventually led to job losses while he walked away golden. I really thought Encore was a great place to be when I started but my job was eliminated along with many others. I blame management's incompetence for all of it and hope the new team does a better job.

Perception isn't always reality and I think many employees were treated unfairly when the axe came down. I hope those who still have a job do well but I fear many will eventually lose their positions as the company consolidates. Treat those still working with respect and give them opportunities for growth. CM never gave us much more than lip service.

You could get paid more for doing less someplace easier.

Former Employee - Med Tech in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Med Tech in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Encore

Pros

Benefits are decent, most of the staff is wonderful.

Cons

Management is lacking. Work intended for supervisor is delegated to lesser trained staff. Pay scale was 10/ hour for work that was more tedious than deserved.

Management needs to take care of their own duties and responsibilities. There needs to be better communication between management and staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Encore