There are newer employer reviews for Endsight

A very challenging place to work

I have been working at Endsight

Pros

-Professional Services department has some excellent leadership. Sure, they can sometimes be brutally honest when you screw something up, but they work with you to own up to the problems and then move on to the next task. They live up to the name "Professional Services."

-There is a company-wide expectation to do right by the client. They do a post-project review session for every major project in order to make sure nothing was missed and that all documentation is in order.

-There is a lot of pressure to get the job done, however it is vastly balanced out by the sheer amount of knowledge you gain while on the job. I've learned a great deal, and am still learning thanks to the pressures of the job responsibilities. My long term career is stronger because of my time at Endsight.

-There has been some communication issues between the different teams across Endsight as other reviews have pointed out. But in recent months there has been some solid efforts and improvements to get things going. I think it's been visible in my day-to-day operations between the teams.

-They pay for certifications, which is a big plus to both employee and employer. This is something you keep even after you leave the company.

Cons

-I wish they had a better benefits package, especially when it comes to dependent coverage.

-There is a lot of pressure to work work work, and employees are praised for working over 40 hours per week. For the company, whose employees are mostly exempt, they highly encourage you to work extra hours.

-This leads into a lot of pressure to work while in your off hours or at home, with little time to balance work and personal life.

Work on making employees happy. I've seen too many people turn over while working here, mostly due to the pressures they feel are on them by management. I think management has its heart in the right spot, but encouraging a work/personal life balance will lead to a more loyal workforce.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Endsight (View Most Recent)

Horrible company to work for

I have been working at Endsight

Pros

- company events

- It used to be the people but more good people are leaving. The ex-response center manager was heart of the company and it was sad to see him leave. Even though this is a currently a con, some of the employees he personally trained are still here, passing on his knowledge and belief of what a good tech should be. This shaped the company positively in the past. We miss you dearly.

- New techs trying to grow their skills. The exposure of hundreds of clients can be intense. There is a trade-off, but i think it is worth putting in the extra time to tackle and learn

Cons

- Workload is not balanced across departments / people. Some employees' workload seem a lot less compared to those carrying the weight for their team. The response center senior guys last year seem to carry the weight for all departments. the project team senior guys seem to never sleep or get any of the benefits because they are on the road most of the time.

- Low Morale. the original team who grew the company are all gone. The company will attempt to put a band-aid to "fix" morale issues but it's too late.

- Politics. Marketing. Selling. this defines the small company more than the core values that were preached to us. It doesn't feel like the client is the #1 focus. It doesn't feel like the employees are a priority as "everyone is replaceable". People are good at talking, but really bad at executing and delivering.

- Certifications. After losing the senior techs, some employees were pushed (almost forced) to get certifications so the company can stay partners with vendors for discount and benefits. Other employees did not have to; creating an unfair treatment in the workplace.

- Horrible worklife balance. This is one of the biggest problems at Endsight. While told we should balance our work/life, it's near impossible for some. some employees are favored and some add little value to the company. Some do more harm than good.

- Angry clients. Besides unhappy employees, a lot of clients are also very dissatisfied with the company's performance. It makes working here even harder. Smaller clients do not get the attention they deserve and bigger clients are leaving us. there is a big turnover rate.

- Hugh turnover rate. In less than a year. senior guys and new hires are leaving. About 30% of the people left. These are not your average tech. These are the people who made working at Endsight fun, challenging, and boosted morale.

- Low pay. Compared to the market average, Endsight nickel and dimes some employees.

- Horrible health benefits. Can't even call them "benefits".

- Listen to your employees. It is not just about selling.
    - Improve HR. It is almost non-existent. Very poor job in caring and execution. Good at talking.

Management is "Out of Touch" with work conditions

I have been working at Endsight

Pros

- Free lunch on Tuesday and Wednesdays
    - Free Mrs. Field Cookies on your birthday
    - Snacks and drinks
    - Work load is sufficient to keep you busy, and makes the day fly by
    - Location: Close to the Marina, not too far from CAL/Telegraph
    - Exposure to all of the latest technology while working with clients

Cons

- Record high attrition: Several employees including top level Senior Technicians in the Response Center have left the company due to poor management, politics and lack of companywide synergy

- Poor Work/Life balance: Employees are encouraged to work through their lunches and also stay after their shift has completed. This is to carry the weight of others. In fact, you will get reprimanded for not doing so. Also, while management is trying to ramp up your skills with in house training, you trade them your valuable lunch break. 8 hours of work with no break what so ever. We also have to work to cover the other employees while they are being trained, in other words forced to stay on the premise and work during lunch.

- Non established management: Management in the Response Center is constantly going through trial and error. I have yet to experience a system here that is stable and does not lead to several people quitting or getting fired. Right now, excessive pressure is being applied by management to increase performance in order to compensate for the loss of employees as well as clients. This in turn has impacted morale

- Low Morale: When you witness so many skilled people leave in such little time, it takes a toll on the motivation of the department. This also affects ones confidence in management’s ability to attract and maintain valuable resources. Also, there have been instances where management was not honest about someone's reason for leaving. The lack of companywide synergy does not help either

- Departmentalized and keep it that way: The politics of the company make it extremely difficult to work with employees from other departments. The experience dealing with other departments is that you must "own your own ticket, and don't bother me." Basically, you will get an annoyed reaction as you try obtaining some sort of assistance, or simply getting clarification on a issues. Thus, you are on your own

- Communication: The communication from the Field Engineers to the Response Center is unsatisfactory. There have been several instances where project work was done over the weekend and the Response Center was not notified. In turn, we get several calls come Monday from upset clients, yet we do not have a solid explanation or solution. Come to find out later that someone has made changes but did not inform us. This causes unnecessary stress for both the client and the Response Center

- Misleading potential new hires: An upbeat video with happy music playing while employees are shooting each other with Nerf guns and being jolly is shown to potential new hires during their orientation. However, the morale and atmosphere depicted in the video is far from the truth. What makes it even worse is that as an employee I'm aware of how the video is depicted, and what the real working atmosphere is like. What's bad is that some employees have actually tried to create that environment; maybe to live up to the video but it did not stick.

- Poor Compensation: The compensation for the Response Center is unsatisfactory. Per management, the Response Center is regarded as a Helpdesk level position, and therefore should be paid accordingly. The truth is, the Response Center is not just a junior level position, the role encompasses support for everything from servers, desktops, all aspects of networking, etc. Normally, in a full service shop with a Helpdesk, they are the first point of contact. Then, the issues get escalated to a Tier2 or Tier3 accordingly. However, at Endsight, there is no such thing. The Response Center is Tier1 through Tier3. The Field Engineers are not a point of escalation, but rather delegation because they are either familiar with the problem, have worked on it already as a result of a project, or they are onsite

- Medical Benefits: Horrible!

- Establish solid management
    - Create companywide synergy
    - Minimize politics
    - Improve communication
    - Pay competitive and accurate wages

There are newer employer reviews for Endsight

Worked for Endsight? Contribute to the Community!