There are newer employer reviews for Endsight

Plenty of Opportunity to Learn at Endsight

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Endsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Endsight's customer base covers a broad spectrum. They have some simple networks for green leafs to get their feet wet, as well as complex networks for a more experienced engineer to sink their teeth into. How many metaphors can I fit in a sentence?

While it is true that much is expected of you, as long as you have a decent work ethic there is plenty of fun to be had too. I believe management is really trying hard to make this a good company to work for.

Cons

Benefits leave something to be desired, but seemed to have been improving.

As the company gets bigger, office politics get more important :)

Show more people how connected you are to their day to day - I don't think everyone realizes.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Endsight (View Most Recent)

A very challenging place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Endsight

Pros

-Professional Services department has some excellent leadership. Sure, they can sometimes be brutally honest when you screw something up, but they work with you to own up to the problems and then move on to the next task. They live up to the name "Professional Services."

-There is a company-wide expectation to do right by the client. They do a post-project review session for every major project in order to make sure nothing was missed and that all documentation is in order.

-There is a lot of pressure to get the job done, however it is vastly balanced out by the sheer amount of knowledge you gain while on the job. I've learned a great deal, and am still learning thanks to the pressures of the job responsibilities. My long term career is stronger because of my time at Endsight.

-There has been some communication issues between the different teams across Endsight as other reviews have pointed out. But in recent months there has been some solid efforts and improvements to get things going. I think it's been visible in my day-to-day operations between the teams.

-They pay for certifications, which is a big plus to both employee and employer. This is something you keep even after you leave the company.

Cons

-I wish they had a better benefits package, especially when it comes to dependent coverage.

-There is a lot of pressure to work work work, and employees are praised for working over 40 hours per week. For the company, whose employees are mostly exempt, they highly encourage you to work extra hours.

-This leads into a lot of pressure to work while in your off hours or at home, with little time to balance work and personal life.

Work on making employees happy. I've seen too many people turn over while working here, mostly due to the pressures they feel are on them by management. I think management has its heart in the right spot, but encouraging a work/personal life balance will lead to a more loyal workforce.

Horrible company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Endsight

Pros

- company events

- It used to be the people but more good people are leaving. The ex-response center manager was heart of the company and it was sad to see him leave. Even though this is a currently a con, some of the employees he personally trained are still here, passing on his knowledge and belief of what a good tech should be. This shaped the company positively in the past. We miss you dearly.

- New techs trying to grow their skills. The exposure of hundreds of clients can be intense. There is a trade-off, but i think it is worth putting in the extra time to tackle and learn

Cons

- Workload is not balanced across departments / people. Some employees' workload seem a lot less compared to those carrying the weight for their team. The response center senior guys last year seem to carry the weight for all departments. the project team senior guys seem to never sleep or get any of the benefits because they are on the road most of the time.

- Low Morale. the original team who grew the company are all gone. The company will attempt to put a band-aid to "fix" morale issues but it's too late.

- Politics. Marketing. Selling. this defines the small company more than the core values that were preached to us. It doesn't feel like the client is the #1 focus. It doesn't feel like the employees are a priority as "everyone is replaceable". People are good at talking, but really bad at executing and delivering.

- Certifications. After losing the senior techs, some employees were pushed (almost forced) to get certifications so the company can stay partners with vendors for discount and benefits. Other employees did not have to; creating an unfair treatment in the workplace.

- Horrible worklife balance. This is one of the biggest problems at Endsight. While told we should balance our work/life, it's near impossible for some. some employees are favored and some add little value to the company. Some do more harm than good.

- Angry clients. Besides unhappy employees, a lot of clients are also very dissatisfied with the company's performance. It makes working here even harder. Smaller clients do not get the attention they deserve and bigger clients are leaving us. there is a big turnover rate.

- Hugh turnover rate. In less than a year. senior guys and new hires are leaving. About 30% of the people left. These are not your average tech. These are the people who made working at Endsight fun, challenging, and boosted morale.

- Low pay. Compared to the market average, Endsight nickel and dimes some employees.

- Horrible health benefits. Can't even call them "benefits".

- Listen to your employees. It is not just about selling.
    - Improve HR. It is almost non-existent. Very poor job in caring and execution. Good at talking.

There are newer employer reviews for Endsight

Worked for Endsight? Contribute to the Community!