Endurance International Group

www.enduranceinternational.com
  www.enduranceinternational.com
There are newer employer reviews for Endurance International Group

Great company that takes care of its customers and employees

Current Employee - Developer in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Developer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great service to its customers, catered lunch, awesome headquarters, good benefits, flexibility to jump from project to project. Helpful and patient coworkers. Feeling like you help build/create something that is used frequently by millions of people.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen from time to time.

Some projects get dropped after weeks of full time attention, resulting in lost work / spinning wheels, which can be frustrating.

Consider daily shuttle service from Boston or Cambridge to Burlington and back.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Endurance International Group (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Company! But Seems to Have One Glaring Flaw

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture!! It's somehow found a wonderful mix of "laid-back" and "professional". Employees are kind and genuinely caring toward one another. Sure there may be exceptions sometimes, but those exceptions are generally handled with understanding and respect. Quite a few "troublesome" employees have actually become wonderful people to work with as a result of management's efforts. It's nice to work around so many who genuinely care!

Management isn't shy about showing their appreciation for our hard work either. Occasional free lunches, holiday parties, contests (someone won a paid vacation to Vegas), and random seasonal "pick-me-ups" (like distributing ice-cream throughout the call center to celebrate summer) are just some of the ways that make even the most "ordinary" of employees feel valued and appreciated.

The company has grown incredibly fast, and many have found opportunities to grow with the company (promotions are common). Management recognizes many of the issues that come out of our "growing pains" and is allocating resources to try and resolve them.

For those of us that have been here for a while, it's incredibly to see how far the company has come. For those that have only been here for a little while, it's a little harder to see the change.

Cons

Money is a more significant decision driver than it should be. Not enough trust is placed on allowing "good ethics" to produce "good profits". We're very slowly moving in the right direction, but not fast enough to save a lot of good people from quitting or getting fired. There have been a significant amount of excellent employees who have been released from the company simply because they weren't meeting their sales quotas (which makes sense in a sales position, but not a technical support position). There's a significant amount of tension between tech agents and the sales quotas that are levied against them. We lose a lot of good people (both veteran and potential employees) because of it.

Also, much of the company's developmental resources are spent investigating new ways to make more money... which most often involve introducing one more thing to charge for rather than improving on something that already exists or getting rid of something that doesn't work. It's been horrendously challenging to convince the corporate level sales-minds that "more products" does not always mean "more money".

I would not recommend anyone to work here so long as mandatory sales metrics are in place for departments that ethically have nothing to do with sales. It's damaging the way we treat our customers, and their wallets.

The current business model seems to reflect the thought of, "Research to see what customers want then supply the demand in a more cost-efficient way than our competitors". Seriously, we've butchered some of our product launched simply because "we wanted the price point to look more attractive than competitor offers" (a certain hosting package bundled with a certain semi-compatible security product come to mind).

Innovate. Focus on quality more than you focus on value ("value" being the relation between "quality" and "price" in comparison to our competitors). Continue striving toward making the best product/service possible. Stop expanding so much and double your efforts improve the existing infrastructure. Don't be afraid to spend money in areas that need it, even if the return on investment is harder to calculate.

Be plain, honest, and upfront about what our product does. Evasively explaining important features like "unlimited bandwidth" or "unlimited disk space" only encourages customer distrust. When customers dig down to find out "what a product really does", they should be met with a feeling of "wow, that's amazing!" rather than a "oh, I thought it was supposed to be better".

The potential is there. Take the road less traveled in the corporate world. People will notice, and they will support it.

A place filled with opportunity, and a bright future!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The laid back, non-strain office culture where you can come to work, and be yourself. Great work life balanace, as well as ability to progress without restrictions. An overall great place to work with even better people to work with.

Cons

The only con per say, if a con at all, is not being able to work as closely with those in the other brands currently as I would like to, however Im sure this is in the plans to come.

Continue to show your apprection of employees, as well as remain transparent. Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Endurance International Group