Endurance Specialty
www.endurance.bm New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Horrible company to work for... if only they would change the management/leadership.

IT Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Endurance Specialty

ProsNow - Good benefits (ie. 401k, medical, etc.)

3+ years ago (prior to existing management)
Clearly defined goals and objectives
Very strong and knowledgeable team
Minimal downtime, so we were able to focus on the fun things like implementing new functionality and features for applications, etc.
Great exposure to new technologies
Cutting edge
Good partnerships with many reputable vendors

ConsBullying by senior management
Incompetent leadership
Lack of technical knowledge which led to poor decision making
Poor planning

Managers all have history together. It was a good ole boys club. Everyone in a lead role was someones friend, previous co-worker, neighbor, mechanic, gardener, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the exit interviews over the last few years and I am sure you will notice a common theme. Also, recognize most of the individuals left on there own, some right before their bonuses.... yes, it was that bad! All the hardwork done in the past has gone up in flames... This company had the potential to be alot more than it is today unfortunately.

Do not recommend working for Endurance.......

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Endurance Specialty

Pros: Nice benefits package, more or less nice office space (White… Cons: Management doesn't know what happens down below. No appreciation for hard work. Long working hours. Very hard to get promotions and raises. No real career… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to what employees on the lowest level say about the company. Don't rely purely on the annual surveys… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

nice place to work if you have no pride

I have been working at Endurance Specialty

Pros: location in Bermuda is nice to travel to. Travel policy… Cons: Company is more worried about having everything written in emails instead of just… Advice to Senior Management: Stop with all the emails. Listen to your lower level employees and take responsibility… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Endurance Specialty.

Worked for Endurance Specialty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Endurance Specialty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Endurance Specialty CEO John Charman. All reviews posted anonymously by Endurance Specialty employees.