EnerNOC
www.enernoc.com Boston, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Started as a great environment, exciting growth, and good money. Now? Not so much.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsGood benefits, exceptionally friendly HR staff, exceptional talent everywhere you look, truly talented people. They do a tremendous job of attracting talent. Chance to pitch a true value add and visit some interesting companies in almost every vertical.

ConsThe one thing that a salesperson is concerned with - commission - is ridiculously convoluted and constantly changing. You may be able to track what you'll make, if you're lucky, and then expect it to be about 60% of that number. Pay estimates given during the hiring process are irrelevant. I'll stop short of saying the hiring managers are lying because I think they believe what they're saying. Upper management, on the other hand, MUST know that they're deceptive. (Scary if they don't. Actually, scary either way) Used to be a good place to work an exciting vertical while making good money. Now it's sales in an exciting vertical with a teacher's salary.

If you're IT, Ops, Engineering, marketing, etc, give it a shot. There are amazing people and seem to be on the cutting edge. If you're an experienced salesperson, run, run, run, run away and don't look back.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour sales arm is demoralized due to lack of management direction and a critically flawed commission plan. Make the changes fast or the senior talent you haven't lost already will be running for the door.

Good experience so far

Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: Green Green Green!!! It's all about saving energy and being green these days, the idea itself is good enough to work for EnerNoc. Also, I… Cons: No 401K match. Multiple projects can go on at the same… Advice to Senior Management: First of all, some 401K match would be nice. Second, some clear view of project… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

chaotic and a lot of politics

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: it is a interesting space. Cons: chaotic and a lot of politics No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EnerNOC.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EnerNOC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EnerNOC CEO Tim Healy. All reviews posted anonymously by EnerNOC employees.