EnerNOC

www.enernoc.com

What EnerNOC does to you - it makes you feel bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsAt one point in time (up until roughly halfway into 2009), EnerNOC was a great place to work. It was fun and exciting and the people were nice and encouraging. But then something happened. Leadership started to change, and the entire company changed with it. EnerNOC is nothing like it used to be and it's really sad. I am writing today to warn people: do not torture yourself by working here!

ConsEveryone who has written a review of or commented on EnerNOC in this forum has covered pretty much all of the cons, except for one very important attribute. I am not going to rehash what other people have said, I will only point out what is missing.

EnerNOC treats people badly. As an employee, you will not be valued or respected. You may rebut, "That's a common complaint in many corporations and that's life." What is different about EnerNOC, however, is that you may come to think poorly of yourself or question your self-worth and capabilities as a professional. I know many, many people (myself included) who continue to have bad dreams about EnerNOC after they have left the company. Or they have depressing flashbacks. It took me at least a month before I stopped having bad, stressful dreams about EnerNOC. It's a rotten place to work and no one should take a job there. Find another way to pay your mortgage and feed your kids--you'll be glad you did!

Advice to Senior ManagementAll senior leadership must be shown the door. An entirely new cast of C-levels and VPs is necessary to make this company work now and in the future. The Board of Directors has the responsibility to make these changes to help the company survive.

A deteriorating experience

Director of Field Operations (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: About 4 years ago when I joined there were several good reasons including being on the… Cons: The decisions of management have caused a downward spiral. The decision to, in essence, sue our largest customer has backfired. That's what prompted… Advice to Senior Management: The majority of employees have lost confidence in your ability to make good decisions and to lead. Executive leadership owes it to all stakeholders… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Started as a great environment, exciting growth, and good money. Now? Not so much.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: Good benefits, exceptionally friendly HR staff, exceptional talent everywhere you look, truly talented people. They do a tremendous job… Cons: The one thing that a salesperson is concerned with - commission - is ridiculously convoluted and constantly changing. You may be able to track… Advice to Senior Management: Your sales arm is demoralized due to lack of management direction and a critically flawed commission plan. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EnerNOC.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!