EnerNOC

www.enernoc.com

Inexperienced leadership resulting in bad decisions.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWorking with clean energy.
My co-workers are very nice people.
Demand Response is a good clean option.
Working downtown Boston is cool.
Some areas of the company are better managed than others, like engineering and operations.

ConsSenior management is inexperienced. Lots of poor judgements, especially in business acquisitions and in personnel hiring and firing. Senior management displays much swagger and ego, but it is not deserving. And even if it was, they should not be this way.
There seems to be confusion in Product strategy, lots of false starts, chasing after short money, not paying attention to the core competencies or a long-term vision.
Poor benefits, no 401-k match, no tuition reimbursement, no care for the development of the employee. I was shocked a few months back when the company offered us stock shares in lieu of a portion of our salary; wow, this is not looking out for the welfare of their employees.
Areas of the company which are dysfunctional are Marketing, Sales and Product Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your ego & swagger at the door.
Care for your employees.
Hire people with the right experience for the job especially at the senior level leadership positions.
Focus on your core competencies and have a stronger long-term vision.

Great place to work

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: Very talented and dedicated people who really believe in the value of the work that… Cons: There are some long hours at times (as there are… Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course-- Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Uneven - but not as bad as people say here

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: This is a great place to get into the energy efficiency/cleantech space. EnerNOC hires a lot of people right out of undergrad and grad school… Cons: Upper management seems to have contempt for HR processes and talent management. As a result, some depts are miserable and worked to death while others… Advice to Senior Management: Get serious about talent management and providing learning and growth opportunities for those in the… More
There are newer reviews on EnerNOC.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!