EnerNOC
www.EnerNOC.com Boston, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Pressure stifles innovation and creativity

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's nice to work with so many smart and energetic people. The Boston office is accessible by public transportation. The open sharing of company information that I saw was unparalleled by any of my other work experiences. There are few or no silos within the company, which is great and something that kills other companies.

ConsWorking at EnerNOC is like working in a pressure cooker, especially in marketing and sales. Now that I have left the company, I can see how so much pressure stifles employees' abilities to think creatively and innovate their craft. The pressure is top-down and permeates every aspect of the work environment. Although I said that it is nice to work with so many smart and energetic people, the pressue to perform causes many nice people to become bad people. I'm talking about backstabbing, two-facing, condescending kind of crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to clean up your act. You can't keep drinding people down into nubs. All your smart, talented people that you worked hard to recruit are leaving the company. Seems like you have 80% or more turnover in Marketing these days. The rate couldn't be much better in Sales. Additionally, the word is out in the industry about what it's like to work at EnerNOC--and I don't mean that in a good way. Several far-flung people I recently met from the utilities and clean teach industries have told me that they heard bad things about working at EnerNOC. You need to act now if you want to regain a good name for yourself in the industry.

Rewarding experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Smart, well-educated, confident people - fun to have nothing but Type A personalities in a… Cons: Low salaries Fair amount of churn overall Low budget for projects Not-so-great work-life… Advice to Senior Management: I thrived at EnerNOC, personally and professionally. I looked forward to getting to work each day, and seemed to have earned the respect of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Inexperienced leadership resulting in bad decisions.

Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC

Pros: Working with clean energy. My co-workers are very nice people. Demand Response is a good clean option. Working downtown… Cons: Senior management is inexperienced. Lots of poor judgements, especially in business acquisitions and in personnel hiring and firing. Senior management displays much swagger and ego,… Advice to Senior Management: Check your ego & swagger at the door. Care for your employees. Hire people with the right experience for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EnerNOC.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EnerNOC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EnerNOC CEO Tim Healy. All reviews posted anonymously by EnerNOC employees.