ups and downs, but definitely on the upswing!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Working with bright, passionate people on projects that actually matter.
- Reasonable opportunities for advancement, if you're proactive about it.
- Managers genuinely care for staff, and work environment is pretty flexible

Cons

- Frustrating pace of software development -- everyone has great ideas, and we have very limited resources for making those ideas a reality. This is improving, but remains a pain point.
- Lack of vision and strategy from upper management communicated through the ranks
- Maintain silos within our various groups, creating small fiefdoms rather than a unified workforce.

Be realistic about the vision for the company. If we're going to champion ourselves as a "technology leader", we need to actually be on the forefront of technology. We're not. Recognize our strengths in customer service and innovative business models, and design the corporate strategy around those instead of industry buzzwords.

Other Reviews for EnerNOC

House of cards

Current Employee - Director  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a twenty word minimum for this section, so I am filling up space without actually naming one positive. This is because there are none and I do not want to create a false one.

Cons

Take a look at the financials. This company has never and certainly will never be profitable. Margins are shrinking everywhere you look. ENOC was able to command a ridiculous share of demand response revenue two or even three years ago. This is no longer the case. Their efficiency product is thin and too expensive. Better companies are out there for the discerning consumer. Their supply product is virtually worthless. Most businesses can do their supply on their own for one tenth of the ENOC charges.

If you come to work here, you will be spinning your wheels at a thousand miles an hour (which isn't always a bad thing) for little or no comparative pay.

Keep raking in the cash for yourselves. Make sure turnover stays high. That way, you will never have to really pay anyone else.

A fast-paced ride in a booming clean tech company

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work with the smartest people in the industry on cutting edge SaaS technologies.

Cons

The fast-paced environment isn't for everyone. You need to bring your A-game or you won’t be able to keep up.

Continue the relentless pursuit of top talent. Don’t follow the peer companies that are lowering their hiring standards due to hyper-growth. Our people are what make the company so great.

There are newer employer reviews for EnerNOC.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!