EnerNOC
www.EnerNOC.com Boston, MA 500 to 999 Employees

ups and downs, but definitely on the upswing!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Working with bright, passionate people on projects that actually matter.
- Reasonable opportunities for advancement, if you're proactive about it.
- Managers genuinely care for staff, and work environment is pretty flexible

Cons- Frustrating pace of software development -- everyone has great ideas, and we have very limited resources for making those ideas a reality. This is improving, but remains a pain point.
- Lack of vision and strategy from upper management communicated through the ranks
- Maintain silos within our various groups, creating small fiefdoms rather than a unified workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic about the vision for the company. If we're going to champion ourselves as a "technology leader", we need to actually be on the forefront of technology. We're not. Recognize our strengths in customer service and innovative business models, and design the corporate strategy around those instead of industry buzzwords.

Smart people and bad management

Engineer (Current Employee)
Walnut, CA

I have been working at EnerNOC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice to be in an energy-related services company that focuses on demand response, energy efficiency, commissioning and retrocommissioning and even… Cons: Management can significantly improve direction of company No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

House of cards

Director (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at EnerNOC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is a twenty word minimum for this section, so I am filling up space without actually naming… Cons: Take a look at the financials. This company has never and certainly will never be profitable. Margins are shrinking everywhere you look. ENOC was able… Advice to Senior Management: Keep raking in the cash for yourselves. Make sure turnover stays… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on EnerNOC.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EnerNOC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EnerNOC CEO Tim Healy. All reviews posted anonymously by EnerNOC employees.