Experiencing some growing pains

Current Employee - Engineer IV in Kennesaw, GA
Current Employee - Engineer IV in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Enercon Services

Pros

Very interesting work in the revived nuclear industry. Majority of work is upgrading old plants not new construction...fyi for those interested.

Cons

Experiencing some growing pains as rapid expansion occurs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I would not recommend this company for anyone with limited industry experience. Great for experienced people.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Enercon Services

Pros

Company has great benefits and competitive salaries. Management is friendly and easy to get along with. The company seems to be a great fit for people with industry experience.

Cons

If you have limited industry experience, this company does not help to train you or progress your career. I worked for this company for a year and have received no industry training or any help in advancing my career. I have tried to attend outside training classes and they will not help me pay for them. They have not been able to keep me busy at all in the last year because they don't designate work to me due to limited experience but don't take time to train me. I know another individual who says the same thing as me (he also has limited experience).

Advice to Management

Help train and develop young engineers (people with limited experience) more than you currently do. Management does great with experienced people, but leave limitied experience people out to dry.

2. It was a good company with good benefits just lacked good leadership skills for the higher up management.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enercon Services

Pros

It had great benefits for an environmental company

Cons

Very short sighted when it came to development of work. All they wanted to hire people for was their contacts. Once they were done abusing those clients they lacked any interest in the employee.

Advice to Management

Management should take a look at how things are ran from Tulsa down to the local office