There are newer employer reviews for Energy Transfer Partners

Good company, nowhere near great.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Energy Transfer Partners

Pros

Company is very flexible with schedules and are good when you need to leave for personal matters. Culture is decent although a lot of good ole boy netoworking.

Cons

- No praise or recognition for job well done.
- Pay is on lower 25%.
- Development management is incompetent. Not stretching the truth.

Definitely more involvment with the little people. Your employees make you look good, so treat them as such. The best employees should always be appreciated and compensated as such. You should keep current on your technologies so that you know what to expect out of your workers and so you can have SOME oversight when some aren't doing so well.

reviews filtered by

Pros and Cons

I worked at Energy Transfer Partners

Pros

Stable $, good bonuses. This company knows how to make money.

Cons

Very conservative, good old boy culture that made me uncomfortable at times as a young female; they play Fox News all day at the HQ in San Antonio.

Consider trying a less rigid approach to the "type" of person you are hiring to move forward as a more diverse, well-rounded organization. Encourage the men at the company to have some sensitivity training.

2. Expect you to be available 24/7

I have been working at Energy Transfer Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance. There really are no other benefits but you have to put a 20 word min. Nothing good

Cons

Managers don't respect that not every employee wants to work 80 hr weeks. I've had three managers in less than a year and each one is worse than the last. I have been told I need to answer my personal cell on weekends. I keep getting more work but no compensation for it.

Management is creating an environment that is fear based. I spend half my day trying to find a reason I did something 6 months ago. If you had processes and decent management in place you wouldn't have to do that. But they keep promoting people from within that have no clue. It could be an amazing company but management is clueless. People don't quit companies they typically quit the management.

There are newer employer reviews for Energy Transfer Partners