There are newer employer reviews for EnergySolutions

A sinking ship...

I have been working at EnergySolutions

Pros

A lot of opportunities in various field within the nuclear industry. Many types of jobs at sites around the world.

Cons

Senior management does not have a clue about competency vs. putting long-time, familiar employees in positions of responsibility, and it is taking down an entire division.

Advice to Management

Wake up and see that insanity is expecting a different result when you put the same people in charge over and over, or even give them greater responsibility to demonstrate theiir incompetance.

reviews filtered by

Project Coordinator

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at EnergySolutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here because I get along with my co-workers and boss. The benefits are great and they help with your retirement. I personally do not take their health care because I take my military benefits, but the people I work with have never complained about their plans.

Cons

This is just a personal con but I do not feel like I could grow in this company. There are not that many younger people out here so there is not a great training/mentoring program to get the younger crowd involved.

2. P.O.S.

I have been working at EnergySolutions

Pros

I see no good reason to work for a company the does not care about the devastation you put on a mans family with your corporate buy outs and greed. You have the money and lawyers and time to do what ever you want, without any remorse on what you do.

Cons

Energy Solutions just purchased a small company in Clinton Tennessee. They walked in with their Suits and Lawyers and cut everyone's pay, took their benefits away, and basically said if you don't like it you can leave. One guy lost $7.00 and hour and another $5.00. One guy was even let go because he did not have a GED, been with the company 20 years. This is just another example of Corporate Greed. We are talking about a small town who's average rate of pay is around $9.00 an hour. And most barely make above minimum wage as it is, Everyone was given an employment application and was told they would review it. These people have worked here for years. What a P.O.S.

Advice to Management

Corporate Greed.

There are newer employer reviews for EnergySolutions