Ok

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

Really depends on what area you are in. Overall benefits good but not great. Allows room for growth.

Cons

No 401k plan matching. Used to have it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Some great technical expertise, lack of strategic vision.

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

Work can be interesting, and technical staff are very knowledgeable.

Cons

Lack of strategic vision, which can make it difficult to understand and support decisions made by senior management. Changes in the way core processes are carried out are often not communicated to all employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate changes more effectively as well as promote greater transparency in terms of the rationale behind strategic decisions.

Low bidder "body shop" for government contract positions

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Engility full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none - only reason to hire on to Engility is if the contract you work on ends up with them as the winner, as the pay is slightly better than unemployment benefits.

Cons

Where do I begin? Pay your employees competitively based on their experience and expertise, and bid work accordingly - do your research if you are going to "inherit" incumbent employees once you win a contract. Get your benefits package straightened out - without question, one of the worst in the DC/Va market, bar none. Pay and benefits are the number one reason people will leave this firm. My PM had no earthly idea what I did, nor any of the other positions that he "inherited" once Engility won the contract - and made zero effort to learn what we did, either. You've heard of "MBWA" - management by walking around? His efforts BARELY qualified as MBE - management by email. He had absolutely no business being a program manager for our work.

Advice to Management

See above - get your pay and benefits in line, and stop thinking that online corporate training and email constitutes real management skills. I was more than happy when a new offer came through and I was able to leave.