There are newer employer reviews for Engility

Ok

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

Really depends on what area you are in. Overall benefits good but not great. Allows room for growth.

Cons

No 401k plan matching. Used to have it.

103 Other Employee Reviews for Engility (View Most Recent)

Low bidder "body shop" for government contract positions

Former Employee - Program Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Engility full-time for less than a year

Pros

none - only reason to hire on to Engility is if the contract you work on ends up with them as the winner, as the pay is slightly better than unemployment benefits.

Cons

Where do I begin? Pay your employees competitively based on their experience and expertise, and bid work accordingly - do your research if you are going to "inherit" incumbent employees once you win a contract. Get your benefits package straightened out - without question, one of the worst in the DC/Va market, bar none. Pay and benefits are the number one reason people will leave this firm. My PM had no earthly idea what I did, nor any of the other positions that he "inherited" once Engility won the contract - and made zero effort to learn what we did, either. You've heard of "MBWA" - management by walking around? His efforts BARELY qualified as MBE - management by email. He had absolutely no business being a program manager for our work.

See above - get your pay and benefits in line, and stop thinking that online corporate training and email constitutes real management skills. I was more than happy when a new offer came through and I was able to leave.

Completely disorganized, and only care about the bottom line

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I worked at Engility full-time for more than a year

Pros

None really. The company had benefits which carried over from L-3 Communications, but once it became Engility, those benefits died a very quick death.

Cons

Treated employees badly. They took away the 401K matching as well raises. They also took a week's worth of vacation time from middle management.
    Yet the CEO and his cabinet were still able to receive their bonuses, which happened to have a total well in the millions.

Management really needs to straighten out their overall structure as well as treat their employees better.

There are newer employer reviews for Engility

Worked for Engility? Contribute to the Community!