There are newer employer reviews for Engine Yard

Best group of people I have ever worked with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Engine Yard

Pros

Extremely intelligent and dedicated people work here developing cutting edge technology and providing superior customer service. There are not many places you find such talent.

Cons

Long hours but it's getting better. Working with cutting edge technology can be good and bad depending on your goals.

Advice to Management

Remember the principles the company was built upon. Continue to hire managers based on those principles.

reviews filtered by
  1. Opensource friendly

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Engine Yard as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with. Engineyard allows me to work on opensource full time and it is rare I do internal tasks - kind of dream job.

Cons

Working from foreign country makes it a bit complicated, I need to account for vacations and sick days on my own. Rather low amount of communication, but as I'm doing work unrelated to the company it can be expected.

2. Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Engine Yard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is starting to come out of a bit of a period of stagnation, and it feels exciting. There's been a lot of badly needed change - new CEO, better leadership, new strategies, new office spaces. Teams seem to be finally working well together!

The company has stayed true to allowing remote work, employees tend to enjoy lots of flexibility. Commitment to open source efforts and involvement with conferences and community events are still a great part of the company culture.

Cons

Not everything is figured out yet, and there's a strain on resources to get lots of things done - sometimes that can be stressful.

Advice to Management

As you work to refocus the company's strategy and trajectory, more could be done to keep employees happy, involved and engaged.

There are newer employer reviews for Engine Yard