England Logistics

www.englandlogistics.com

Sinking Ship!!!!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsStarted off as a fun atmosphere but quickly diminished. Everyone that started with me had high hopes. We were told as account managers we would make around 65k our first year… Not even close. You get a 40k base but commissions are nonexistent. They try to make things "fun" with games and activities but the best thing there seems to be the Ping Pong table… if your into that…. Company could be great, as it brings in a lot of money each year and seems to be growing but the Cons far outweigh the pros.

ConsThere always seems to be some way the commissions are messed up. Most end up having to continually track your sales and what you should get paid on and then hassle management to get the report fixed so you get paid. They promise promotions within but that is a lie. They keep hiring outside of the company for management and bring in these people that have no idea what is going on and expect them to lead. It also says a lot about a company when you are considered a veteran after being there one year. The longest tenured account manager has been with the company roughly 3 years and has no chance of advancement. If you make it to Senior Account Manager, forget getting promoted. You make the company too much money to move up and if you don't make SAM quickly then you are fired. All in all this company could be fun and enjoyable, the work isn't bad and if a few things were changed it could be a good career. Management won't act though. They feel nothing is "broken" so we shouldn't try to fix it. We still bring in millions a year and the VPS get a handsome bonus while employees get a gift card to Wal-Mart for $25. As people come to the company they are optimistic but work here for a month or so and you will soon realize you need to find something else. Everyone on my floor is looking for their next job/career. Once they find it they are out and everyone is jealous. With this low morale among employees the ship of England Logistics will sink. All it would take to bring this company down is for employees to walk out and protest. No account managers…. no company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just open up jobs for employees to apply for and present business plans and then steal their ideas and hire outside people and hope they can lead. There are positives about the company, build on those…. Share the revenue with your employees. Consider giving a decent bonus at the end of the year. Lastly, get better operating systems.

Quite the experience

Account Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at England Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros: There are some good people that work there. It is a fairly professional… Cons: You can be good at what you do and they will find ways to get rid of you if you try and offer constructive criticism.… Advice to Senior Management: Need to offer better training to your sales force. I consider myself a sales person and most of your Coaching Managers are NOT good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

High Turnaround call center, no pay increases for those that stick around.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at England Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Long hours, weekends, nights. Management over promises and under… Cons: Long hours, weekends, nights. No raises. When asking for a raise they tell you to give yourself a raise. Managers do not… Advice to Senior Management: Give raises to your productive employees. You want them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on England Logistics.

Worked for England Logistics? Contribute to the Community!