English Program in Korea
epik.go.kr Seoul, South Korea 1000 to 5000 Employees

EPIK is nice but the program is suffering.

ESL Teacher (Current Employee)
Gwangju (South Korea)

I have been working at English Program in Korea full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is good and the work is steady. Plus the experience can't be matched. The food in Korea is amazing and the group of foreigners you'll find are great.

ConsThe actual working environment leaves a lot to be desired. The children are on a steep downhill slope. If you are in a private school, congratulations, if you're public though. Good luck. Most of the teachers I've worked with are sick of their job and the students run all over them and the school.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way students are managed. This is Korea's problem and foreign teachers are being caught up in a system with no checks or balances.

English program in Korea (in Gwangju)

ESL Teacher (Current Employee)
Gwangju (South Korea)

I have been working at English Program in Korea full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great , everything was just as it is supposed to… Cons: You may get a school that's not ideal, but that… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Be prepared for chaos and disorganization

ESL Teacher (Former Employee)
Seoul (South Korea)

I worked at English Program in Korea full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The kids are great and teaching can be incredibly fun Cons: Korean managers are clueless and have odd ideas about the way English should be… Advice to Senior Management: Fire Korean managers and hire native English teachers to manage… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on English Program in Korea.

Worked for English Program in Korea? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at English Program in Korea reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by English Program in Korea employees.