English Program in Korea
epik.go.kr Seoul, South Korea 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Experience

Native English Teacher (Former Employee)

I worked at English Program in Korea full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost countries that offer opportunities to work with children do not pay this well, or provide perks as good as these (airfare, apartment, health insurance).

ConsThe EPIK program relies on third party recruiters, which can vary greatly in quality and efficiency. The program also varies greatly by city in Korea... some cities have great retention rates and treat their Native English Teachers wonderfully, other cities are still working out the kinks and don't have structures in place to assist their teachers very much. Make sure you research your recruiters and the cities you list as your preferences very carefully!

An educating experience

Native English Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at English Program in Korea full-time

Pros: Takes very good care of you. Pays for room and board. You only work a 9-5; 5… Cons: Co-teachers at each school will vary. What is taught at orientation… Advice to Senior Management: Have co-teacher and native teacher seminars in which they learn… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

EPIK is nice but the program is suffering.

ESL Teacher (Current Employee)
Gwangju (South Korea)

I have been working at English Program in Korea full-time for more than a year

Pros: The pay is good and the work is steady. Plus the experience can't be matched.… Cons: The actual working environment leaves a lot to be desired. The children are on a steep downhill slope. If you are in a private school,… Advice to Senior Management: Change the way students are managed. This is Korea's problem and foreign… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on English Program in Korea.

Worked for English Program in Korea? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at English Program in Korea reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by English Program in Korea employees.