Enterasys

There are newer employer reviews for Enterasys

Nice company and culture

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Andover, MA
Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Andover, MA

I have been working at Enterasys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management team I deal with are all nice people. Schedules are flexible. Nice place to work. Much better environment now as compared to the old Cabletron days. I should know, since I am a former Cabletron employee who was worked to the bone in the 1990's. Now I have returned and the environment is much more positive and a friendlier place to work.

Cons

Siemens Enterprise Networking is like a big sister of Enterasys, both under the umbrella of the Gores Group. They are not doing as well as Enterasys. As a result, even though Enterasys is doing well with profits and they are not, we recently suffered a layoff of about 2% of our workforce (in the US). There are advantages to being partners with SEN, but not when it costs us jobs. Other than that, the outlook for the company looks good and the HQ will be moving to a new building in Salem, NH in early 2013.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Enterasys (View Most Recent)

A mix of good, great and some really bad

I worked at Enterasys

Pros

Some really good, hard working members of the senior team made working there a pleasure. They really helped turn the company around under the old CEO. Depending on who you end up working with, it could be a good experience.

Cons

There are exceptions, but overall there was a lack of strategic thinking, lack of investment and lack of fortitude to drive needed change. Also, I saw a number of good people get forced out because of an incorrect interpretation of "Top Grading" and an inability or unwillingness to mentor. A handful of very good people and their heroic efforts are what has made the most impact there.

Get a desire to win and not just survive. This needs to start with the owners as well as ALL members of the senior team.

Some strong pros, some strong cons

I worked at Enterasys

Pros

There are some great, smart and hardworking people on the management staff. It was fun to be part of the turnaround. Their success is now due mostly to customer support and heroic efforts. If they were any bigger this approach would fail.

Cons

There is limited ability and desire to mentor. What was once a non-political environment is now way too political and managed more on old friendships than who does a good job. Great customer service and logistics. The worst QA and engineering I've ever experienced.

As one of the other reviews recommended...replace the GM and get rid of the Aprisma leftovers and break free of Siemens and Gores. Gores was needed and helped early on, but they are now the ball and chain...or the leaches that are sucking the life out of what could be a much better company without them. If they hadn't saddled the company with so much debt I'd recommend a management or employee buyout.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterasys