Enterasys
www.enterasys.com Andover, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Nice company and culture

Computer Programmer (Current Employee)
Andover, MA

I have been working at Enterasys full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management team I deal with are all nice people. Schedules are flexible. Nice place to work. Much better environment now as compared to the old Cabletron days. I should know, since I am a former Cabletron employee who was worked to the bone in the 1990's. Now I have returned and the environment is much more positive and a friendlier place to work.

ConsSiemens Enterprise Networking is like a big sister of Enterasys, both under the umbrella of the Gores Group. They are not doing as well as Enterasys. As a result, even though Enterasys is doing well with profits and they are not, we recently suffered a layoff of about 2% of our workforce (in the US). There are advantages to being partners with SEN, but not when it costs us jobs. Other than that, the outlook for the company looks good and the HQ will be moving to a new building in Salem, NH in early 2013.

A mix of good, great and some really bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterasys

Pros: Some really good, hard working members of the senior team made working there a pleasure. They really helped turn the… Cons: There are exceptions, but overall there was a lack of strategic thinking, lack of investment and lack of fortitude to drive needed change. Also, I… Advice to Senior Management: Get a desire to win and not just survive. This needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Some strong pros, some strong cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterasys

Pros: There are some great, smart and hardworking people on the management staff. It was fun to be part of the turnaround.… Cons: There is limited ability and desire to mentor. What was once a non-political environment is now way too political and managed more… Advice to Senior Management: As one of the other reviews recommended...replace the GM and get rid of the Aprisma leftovers and break free of Siemens and Gores. Gores was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Enterasys.

Worked for Enterasys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterasys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Enterasys CEO Chris Crowell. All reviews posted anonymously by Enterasys employees.