Entergy

There are newer employer reviews for Entergy

Nuclear, On the Rebound and the Next Hot Industry

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Russellville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Russellville, AR

I have been working at Entergy

Pros

Salaries are high for this area. A clean and safe work enviroment with a heavy focus on personnal safety.

Cons

Stressful at times and if a Nuclear Unit trips offline it can mean long hours and call out. This is not an exciting or cutting edge high tech technical career path. Nuclear is a technically conservative business by necessity.

Hire more employees. We have lost a lot of skilled people through attrition and we are beginning to feel the effect, big time.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Entergy (View Most Recent)

Great company in my opinion

Current Employee - Engineer II
    Current Employee - Engineer II

I have been working at Entergy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, benefits, vacation, etc. Most people are a joy to work with. Moving around within the company is encouraged, especially if you want to advance. Many job changes that require a move allow most moving expenses to be covered by the company's relocation package. Consideration for families, including flexible schedules and alternating Fridays off.

Cons

The work atmosphere tends to vary among the many locations. Some locations tend to over work employees more than others. The employee evaluation/rating system is antiquated, too simplified, and does not take into account all of the various factors that make a good employee.

Most of the management I have encountered is actually there for a reason, and that is a good thing. Continue to promote those individuals that are knowledgeable and capable of the increased responsibility. Adopt a new method of evaluating employees that paints a clearer picture of what each person brings to the table.

Entergy Employment Prospects

I worked at Entergy

Pros

A good company to work for. There are many really smart and caring employees.

Cons

Trim the deadwood. Why do you have managers with no direct reports?

Look very carefully at your prime IT contractor. They have been around so long that their bureaucracy is ridiculously heavy … they are robbing us blind with unecessary charges. Think seriously about rebiding their contract.

There are newer employer reviews for Entergy