Entergy
www.entergy.com New Orleans, LA 5000+ Employees

Nuclear, On the Rebound and the Next Hot Industry

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Russellville, AR

ProsSalaries are high for this area. A clean and safe work enviroment with a heavy focus on personnal safety.

ConsStressful at times and if a Nuclear Unit trips offline it can mean long hours and call out. This is not an exciting or cutting edge high tech technical career path. Nuclear is a technically conservative business by necessity.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees. We have lost a lot of skilled people through attrition and we are beginning to feel the effect, big time.

Great company in my opinion

Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Entergy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Competitive salary, benefits, vacation, etc. Most people are a joy to work with. Moving around within the company is encouraged, especially if you… Cons: The work atmosphere tends to vary among the many locations. Some locations tend to over work employees more than others. The… Advice to Senior Management: Most of the management I have encountered is actually there for a reason, and that is a good thing. Continue to promote those individuals… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Entergy Employment Prospects

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Entergy

Pros: A good company to work for. There are many… Cons: Trim the deadwood. Why do you have managers with… Advice to Senior Management: Look very carefully at your prime IT contractor. They have been around so long that their bureaucracy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Entergy.

Worked for Entergy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Entergy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Entergy CEO J. Wayne Leonard. All reviews posted anonymously by Entergy employees.