There are newer employer reviews for Entergy

You can determine your success.

Former Employee - Engineering Intern  in  The Woodlands, TX
Former Employee - Engineering Intern in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Entergy

Pros

I felt like Entergy enabled me to take on new challenges, and I feel like I contributed to the company. I learned so much while working there. They were more than willing to let me get out to the field which was a big plus.

Cons

Depending on where you live, the work locations aren't the best. Working in power generation means working at sites that are away from the city.

Keep it up. Everyone I met in upper management had been with the company for a long time and were experienced in their fields.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Entergy (View Most Recent)

Nuclear, On the Rebound and the Next Hot Industry

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer  in  Russellville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Russellville, AR

I have been working at Entergy

Pros

Salaries are high for this area. A clean and safe work enviroment with a heavy focus on personnal safety.

Cons

Stressful at times and if a Nuclear Unit trips offline it can mean long hours and call out. This is not an exciting or cutting edge high tech technical career path. Nuclear is a technically conservative business by necessity.

Hire more employees. We have lost a lot of skilled people through attrition and we are beginning to feel the effect, big time.

Great company in my opinion

Current Employee - Engineer II
    Current Employee - Engineer II

I have been working at Entergy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive salary, benefits, vacation, etc. Most people are a joy to work with. Moving around within the company is encouraged, especially if you want to advance. Many job changes that require a move allow most moving expenses to be covered by the company's relocation package. Consideration for families, including flexible schedules and alternating Fridays off.

Cons

The work atmosphere tends to vary among the many locations. Some locations tend to over work employees more than others. The employee evaluation/rating system is antiquated, too simplified, and does not take into account all of the various factors that make a good employee.

Most of the management I have encountered is actually there for a reason, and that is a good thing. Continue to promote those individuals that are knowledgeable and capable of the increased responsibility. Adopt a new method of evaluating employees that paints a clearer picture of what each person brings to the table.

There are newer employer reviews for Entergy

Worked for Entergy? Contribute to the Community!