A Staff Accountant's Review of Entergy

Current Employee - Accountant in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Accountant in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Room to grow while staying within the same company. Experience in the utility industry. Training is provided to encourage career growth.

Cons

Poor health insurance and benefits. Incompetent middle management and failure of senior management to recognize the issue.

Advice to Management

Entergy is generally a good place to work, however, management needs to open its eyes to the real issues of the company. The company will not be successful if middle management is unable to follow through on the desires of senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for Entergy

You can determine your success.

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in The Woodlands, TX

Pros

I felt like Entergy enabled me to take on new challenges, and I feel like I contributed to the company. I learned so much while working there. They were more than willing to let me get out to the field which was a big plus.

Cons

Depending on where you live, the work locations aren't the best. Working in power generation means working at sites that are away from the city.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Everyone I met in upper management had been with the company for a long time and were experienced in their fields.

Nuclear, On the Rebound and the Next Hot Industry

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Russellville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Russellville, AR

Pros

Salaries are high for this area. A clean and safe work enviroment with a heavy focus on personnal safety.

Cons

Stressful at times and if a Nuclear Unit trips offline it can mean long hours and call out. This is not an exciting or cutting edge high tech technical career path. Nuclear is a technically conservative business by necessity.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees. We have lost a lot of skilled people through attrition and we are beginning to feel the effect, big time.