Enterprise Community Partners

www.enterprisecommunity.com

Decent company, great mission

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsEnterprise uses a seven and a half hour work day.

Occasional telecommuting is allowed (frequency varies by department).

IT leadership is generally very flexible and accommodating.

IT leadership demonstrates an interest in helping their employees advance.

IT leadership supports and mentors their direct reports.

IT leadership believes in extending power, autonomy, and accountability as far down the org chart as possible.

Benefits package is very competitive.

Great company mission.

ConsLet me preface my criticism by saying that it comes from the perspective of an IT professional and not that of a LIHTC industry professional.

I encountered a lot of the typical "Corporate IT" trappings at Enterprise. Among the most notable was the fact that almost everything we did was a means to get some piece of data onto a report (usually in Excel), which is pretty much the antithesis of exciting software development work.

As is increasingly common in corporate America these days, Enterprise's IT department was strongly moving towards a "do more with less" philosophy. While I find this objectionable for personal reasons, my professional grievance as it pertains to Enterprise is that this mentality resulted in some areas of the portfolio being extremely understaffed.

Software development at Enterprise was devoid of process or structure (more often than not). This was improving a little around the time I left.

Enterprise often had "too many cooks in the kitchen" when it came to requirements gathering and design meetings. This caused some projects to die on the vine [often due to analysis paralysis], while others evolved kaleidoscopically. This was also improving a little around the time I left.

My team spent so much time drowning in menial support tasks that we rarely could focus on delivering anything of value.

IT leadership (and the business, to a lesser extent) put a lot of emphasis on adopting agile methodologies, but Enterprise had neither the staff nor the culture to achieve that goal.

Enterprise's IT department has a long-standing engagement with an offshore software development company. The results during my tenure were a bit of a mixed bag and often caused as many problems as they solved.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide what kind of organization you want to be, communicate that clearly to the department, and make that the primary focus.

Great work culture, needs more communication between departments

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Community Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good work-life balance Understanding upper management Great learning environment for this industry Cons: Lack of communication between directors Advice to Senior Management: Communicate, Be more transparent More

IT Managers lied to me for two years

Software (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros: The mission of the company is supposed to be noble.… Cons: As a developer, the business rules are constantly changing or not defined at all. That's a… Advice to Senior Management: IT Management was never honest or transparent with me. The managers in IT constantly lied to me about my job position. Instead of simply stating that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Enterprise Community Partners.

Worked for Enterprise Community Partners? Contribute to the Community!