Enterprise Community Partners

www.enterprisecommunity.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Community Partners

Great organization, awesome culture, IT department is fantastic and finally moving in right direction

Current Employee - IT/Developer in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - IT/Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Enterprise Community Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great people, outstanding benefits, cutting edge technology, 401k w/ matching, pension. IT department is finally in a great place, pay no attention to some of the sour reviews here, the most talented people are still employed here, and will leave it at that.

Cons

none that stand out, love this company

Advice to Management

keep doing a great job

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Decent company, great mission

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbia, MD

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enterprise uses a seven and a half hour work day.

Occasional telecommuting is allowed (frequency varies by department).

IT leadership is generally very flexible and accommodating.

IT leadership demonstrates an interest in helping their employees advance.

IT leadership supports and mentors their direct reports.

IT leadership believes in extending power, autonomy, and accountability as far down the org chart as possible.

Benefits package is very competitive.

Great company mission.

Cons

Let me preface my criticism by saying that it comes from the perspective of an IT professional and not that of a LIHTC industry professional.

I encountered a lot of the typical "Corporate IT" trappings at Enterprise. Among the most notable was the fact that almost everything we did was a means to get some piece of data onto a report (usually in Excel), which is pretty much the antithesis of exciting software development work.

As is increasingly common in corporate America these days, Enterprise's IT department was strongly moving towards a "do more with less" philosophy. While I find this objectionable for personal reasons, my professional grievance as it pertains to Enterprise is that this mentality resulted in some areas of the portfolio being extremely understaffed.

Software development at Enterprise was devoid of process or structure (more often than not). This was improving a little around the time I left.

Enterprise often had "too many cooks in the kitchen" when it came to requirements gathering and design meetings. This caused some projects to die on the vine [often due to analysis paralysis], while others evolved kaleidoscopically. This was also improving a little around the time I left.

My team spent so much time drowning in menial support tasks that we rarely could focus on delivering anything of value.

IT leadership (and the business, to a lesser extent) put a lot of emphasis on adopting agile methodologies, but Enterprise had neither the staff nor the culture to achieve that goal.

Enterprise's IT department has a long-standing engagement with an offshore software development company. The results during my tenure were a bit of a mixed bag and often caused as many problems as they solved.

Advice to Management

Decide what kind of organization you want to be, communicate that clearly to the department, and make that the primary focus.

2. Great work culture, needs more communication between departments

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Enterprise Community Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Understanding upper management
    Great learning environment for this industry

Cons

Lack of communication between directors

Advice to Management

Communicate, Be more transparent