Enterprise Community Partners

www.enterprisecommunity.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Community Partners

Good company. Great mission.

I have been working at Enterprise Community Partners full-time

Pros

- Talented and knowledgeable staff - Social purpose. We make a difference in the lives of low-income people. - Grounded in a clear and goal-oriented strategic plan - Solid benefits overall - Good work/life balance depending upon your direct supervisor

Cons

- Not enough focus on discipline and planning. The organization wants to maintain its entrepreneurial environment from its early days, but given our current size and the complex work we do, we need greater discipline. - Need greater focus on creating the right culture across the entire organization (parent company and all its subsidiaries)

Advice to Management

- Keep recruiting top talent but also focus on retaining the great talent you already have - Revisit compensation system to ensure equity and the promotion process to create more opportunity for deserving staff - Clearly outline values of the organization and expected behaviors and then hold people accountable, regardless of their level - Remember that you set the tone for the entire organization

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A terrific set of talent coalescing around a compelling cause -sometimes with unneccessary complexity.

Current Employee - Director of Programs
    Current Employee - Director of Programs

I have been working at Enterprise Community Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues and lots of opportunity for growth and advancement. Far reaching.

Cons

Sometimes there is a bureacracy about relatively minor things.

Advice to Management

1. Create more opportunities for staff to learn outside of their box. For example, many people in Solutions would want to learn about finance. The people in Columbia's desk jobs could get out and meet peers and see the work, etc. 2. One market does not equal one market. Some are small and really just one medium sized city. Others are 2 huge regions with sizzling hot real esate markets. The resourcing and staffing of these different markets should more accurately reflect the nature of and magnitude of the challenges in each place. (Can you can tell I don't think we have enough in ours?) 3. The salary increases are a little flat. I've been recruited for two jobs out of the blue since I've been here and haven't been tempted (despite their salaries being 25% more than mine here now) to take them bc I love Enterprise and the work so much. But, in a couple years, these sorts of offers will get much more tempting if the distance between my salary and alternatives continues to widen. I imagine this is true for others and wonder if there's a way to create bigger increases or bigger bonuses. I worry about loosing talent and great staff -which I've already seen with colleagues I've enjoyed working with only to find they've left mostly for salary reasons.

2. Great place to work with room for improvement.

Pros

Good compensation packages, good benefits, nice people, reasonable hours with solid work-life balance, all for a good cause.

Cons

Overly complicated structure, minimal new employee orientation (aside from HR/benefit basics), can get lost in your department and never meet other company employees, sometimes feel disconnected from outcome of our affordable housing work.

Advice to Management

Implement a solid orientation program that runs quarterly and includes seeing some company buildings/projects out in the field so employee feels connected to organization's common goal. Hire from within more often.