Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

5 years with the company, what a waste.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

You will learn about running a business. Good place to start. I've been with the company for over 5 years. Still with them but looking for something else. I can say that I do not regret one day working for Enterprise. I've learned a lot, and got to know some good people. My biggest regret is not taking some other offers I had in the past. This company is very much a "what have you done for me lately" company.

Cons

It's a very "what have you done for me lately company." As long as you are performing you will be liked. But if you even have one bad month you will be a castaway. The tolerance or forgiveness is very minimal. Pressure to perform is great, if you don't you may have to look for another job. Work life balance is almost non.

Stand behind your people. Fair promotions, like many other industries, the best seller may not be the best leader.
Longer period for training. There are managers out there with less than six months experience with the company.

3363 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Don't Drink the kool-aid.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

If you have just graduated college and need a job go to work there. Althought the hours and the pay suck, the programm they put yo through is well respected by other compnaied. You also get to meet other managers and employees from other companies when you go and pick them up to rent them a car. I got so many job offers it was unreal!!!! They rate there employees on upselling. If you work at a military base or near one...All military employees have to have optional inusrance cverage on theeir rental cars...So work at that location for sure!

Cons

The hours are really bad. I didn't like having to get to work by 7 am everyday. They also don't let you leave until all the work is completed. They don't care if you have a family or need to go the bathroom. They only care anbout renting there crappy cars. Also, the manager I had was really sneaky. When I told him I ws leaving to go work somewhere else he said he would not say anything to HR and that I could leave when I wanted with 2 weeks paid. That never happened. i go no money and he made me look stupid.

Improve your people skills

Be prepared before working for the Big Green

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The people are great. They really focus on a culture of fun. However, they are in the middle of laying people off and cutting costs so a lot of the fun happy hours and recognition dinners are being cancelled.

Cons

The hours suck. As a management trainee the only way you can make a decent wage is to work 50 plus hours a week. Once you become a manager you are on salary of about 29k/yr but you are paid a commission on the money your branch makes. Plus your hours don't improve. I was working 60 plus hours a week, including every other Saturday. It is a sales job no matter what they tell you and you won't advance if you can't sell.

lucky to be you-don't forget it.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car