There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

5 years with the company, what a waste.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

You will learn about running a business. Good place to start. I've been with the company for over 5 years. Still with them but looking for something else. I can say that I do not regret one day working for Enterprise. I've learned a lot, and got to know some good people. My biggest regret is not taking some other offers I had in the past. This company is very much a "what have you done for me lately" company.

Cons

It's a very "what have you done for me lately company." As long as you are performing you will be liked. But if you even have one bad month you will be a castaway. The tolerance or forgiveness is very minimal. Pressure to perform is great, if you don't you may have to look for another job. Work life balance is almost non.

Stand behind your people. Fair promotions, like many other industries, the best seller may not be the best leader.
Longer period for training. There are managers out there with less than six months experience with the company.

reviews filtered by

Don't Drink the kool-aid.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

If you have just graduated college and need a job go to work there. Althought the hours and the pay suck, the programm they put yo through is well respected by other compnaied. You also get to meet other managers and employees from other companies when you go and pick them up to rent them a car. I got so many job offers it was unreal!!!! They rate there employees on upselling. If you work at a military base or near one...All military employees have to have optional inusrance cverage on theeir rental cars...So work at that location for sure!

Cons

The hours are really bad. I didn't like having to get to work by 7 am everyday. They also don't let you leave until all the work is completed. They don't care if you have a family or need to go the bathroom. They only care anbout renting there crappy cars. Also, the manager I had was really sneaky. When I told him I ws leaving to go work somewhere else he said he would not say anything to HR and that I could leave when I wanted with 2 weeks paid. That never happened. i go no money and he made me look stupid.

Improve your people skills

2. WAY below average entry level sales position

Former Employee - Summer Inter/MT in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Summer Inter/MT in Austin, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

they promote from within; most employees are young, recent college graduates which provides a very fun work environment

Cons

55+ hours a week; only making $10/hr with a collee degree--WASHING CARS

completely overhaul the internship program and how the company views interns

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car