There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

5 years with the company, what a waste.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

You will learn about running a business. Good place to start. I've been with the company for over 5 years. Still with them but looking for something else. I can say that I do not regret one day working for Enterprise. I've learned a lot, and got to know some good people. My biggest regret is not taking some other offers I had in the past. This company is very much a "what have you done for me lately" company.

Cons

It's a very "what have you done for me lately company." As long as you are performing you will be liked. But if you even have one bad month you will be a castaway. The tolerance or forgiveness is very minimal. Pressure to perform is great, if you don't you may have to look for another job. Work life balance is almost non.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your people. Fair promotions, like many other industries, the best seller may not be the best leader. Longer period for training. There are managers out there with less than six months experience with the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to start out, but there's a limit to what you'll learn

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

The company has good benefits that currently include 401K matching. You learn how to run a business, there is a competitive work environment, and the work pace is never the same.

Cons

Althought you are running your own business, there is very little autonomy to make your own business decisions, once you reach management you often work with entry level people who do not care about the profits of the company as much as you do, which can be unmotivating, and there are often false promises from senior management.

Advice to Management

Include employees on decisions, have clear policies, maintain consistent accountability and pay structure, and create some sort of ethical boundaries that are the same for everyone.

2. Reliable Company

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Springfield, OH

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great people, very energetic. Job doesn't get too boring; very busy and different activities (driving different cars, cleaning, selling, contracts, etc). The company, being private, treats its employees relatively well with small perks that can make a different between a normal day and a good one. Sometimes the travel is a nice break from the office, and customer interaction is good for skill development.

Cons

Pay scale is very restrictive, long hours. Occasionally the senior senior management gets involved in unhelpful ways, and seems to seek excuses to look busy.

Advice to Management

Better incentive system for lower level employees, instead of just gift cards.