Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterpriseholdings.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Its a job for most, career for a few

Current Employee - Management Assistant
Current Employee - Management Assistant

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

opportunity advancement
Flexible time off
Decent discounts

Cons

Low pay
Long hours
Professional dress
No way of expressing ones individuality

Pay employees more all around. For those coming out of college 11 dillars an hr is not acceptable compensation. Get with the times-we rent cars...allow business casual dress, or an expense account for clothing. Get out of rental- other departments have more to offer.

3510 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

You Get What You Put In

Former Intern - Management Trainee
    Former Intern - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern

Pros

I was a Managment Trainee Intern at Enterprise during the summer and continued into my fall semester of my senior year in college. While at Enterprise, you will work in a fast paced environment, collaborate with insurance companies and local businesses, and multi-task among other things. Enterprise is most certainly about working hard but working smart at the same time. While at Enterprise, I ranked on the top of the Matrix (a summary of sales, ESQI, branch insurance rate, and # of car sale and corporate account leads) several times. This is primarily a SALES position; however, the other criteria of the matrix are very important for advancement.

Overall, Enterprise taught me a lot about taking care of customers, collaborating with a team, and working independently. I really liked my co-workers and every day was an adventure at work. For anyone who is looking to run their own business and constantly take on new challenges, this may be the job for you.

Cons

Although Enterprise can be fun, it has its downsides. Busier branches will have to deal with unhappy customers due to a lack of communication between employees and managers. The hours are LONG and you will feel run down by the end of the day. A typical day is 8-6 but most of the time this ends up being much more. Although you are told you have flex time, this is virtually never used since you are almost always short-staffed. Therefore, a typical workweek may end up being close to 60 hours (Saturdays plus a branch lunch, which consists of taking bites of a sandwich whenever you get a chance), so there is a very negative work-life balance. Finally, Enterprise is a RETAIL job. You are constantly interacting with customers and engaging in conversation all day long. You WILL have people walk in the door right before the branch closes and you WILL have to help them.

Please properly staff your branches! There should never be a time where two employees are running a branch together.

Invest more time into employees. Rather than churn out batch after batch of college graduates, offer some incentives to stay such as a concrete (not hourly) salary and a more flexible schedule.

Listen to employees. Area managers need to help branches out more, not by moving people from branch to branch but by hiring employees and retaining them.

Too many hours...

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You're not sitting at a desk all day. You're moving around, meeting people, and spend a lot of time outside of the office. It's a great environment to build relationships with co-workers because you're not stuck to a computer screen all day.

Cons

It can be very rigorous on your body to work from 7:15am-6pm (or later) day in and day out. You have to wash cars and can spend a lot of time on your feet. It's very competitive and you have to work tirelessly to keep your sales up in order to even qualify to be promoted. Everything is competition and about beating someone else which leads to a lot of shadiness.

Reduce the hours down to 40. Have alternating shifts so that your employees can enjoy their lives a little better and not be so worn out each day.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car