Avoid at all costs!!!! Run Run Away!!!!

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Idaho Falls, ID
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are not positive words to describe working for Enterprise

Cons

Enterprise is built off of a turnover process. They find young college graduates to who are willing to do about 50 hours per week and pay them very little. In the interview process they mention that you will learn all the in and outs of business and will know how to run your own business. The truth is that you will find yourself washing cars for at least 4 hours a day with horrible working conditions. Jack Taylor the founder of Enterprise was once qouted by saying " Take care of your customers and employees...and profits will follow". After being with the company for 1 year I have found that qoute to be false in everyway. A customer came in demanding a car without a reservation on a busy friday and threatened to attack me and called me every 4 letter word in the book, he was then given a car by my manager while he was apoligizing for the situation. "Take care of your employees" I think not... You will spend most of your day selling protections to people that they honestly dont need while managment is over your shoulder making sure you say sales pitches word for word to the customers. I promise you that you will feel over worked and under paid. I was hired on at $10.50 per hour as a college graduate.Do not settle for enterprise!!!!! Run now!!!!

Other Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Could have been better to your employees

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people, but all the good ones leave. Interesting customers. unique job experience. Looks great on the resume.

Cons

Unethical business practices, management doesn't care, slack employees, deteriorating building, high standards with no tools to reach them. Always under staffed. They talk a great game, but fail to meet their own business requirement with concerns to training and development.

Management needs to think about the people working and actually care. We understand there is a bottom line, but we are not robots. We are people and should be treated with respect and dignity.

One of the worst jobs I have EVER had! Look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, discounts with other local businesses, possibilites for lateral movement

Cons

Bad compensation to work ratio: I was being paid $11 an hour and doing $15- $18 an hour's worth of work. My raise was only $.50 after 6 months.

Terrible department-to-department communication: Working Roadside Assistance, you often have to find replacement vehicles for your customers. On Sundays, the only locations that are open are the closest airports. Often times, I would not have the correct phone #, or email address for the airport (or they would randomly change them and not inform Roadside Assistance), therefore, I couldn't even attempt to help the customer because I could not get ahold of anyone at those locations. There were computer systems that we could use to verify inventory on the Enterprise lots, but they were MS DOS based, and inaccurate. There was no way for Roadside Assistance to reserve cars currently on the lot, so we would tell customers that there were vehicles available, and PRAY that they were still there when the customer arrived. Can you guess how often that didn't happen?

Awful schedules: Roadside Assistance is a 24/7 job. The schedules don't make sense. There is often no option to work a Mon-Fri, first/second/third shift. You will be working something like Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, 3:00p-11:30p. Be prepared to miss EVERY special event, EVERY get together, and good luck keeping a relationship intact. Employees would often be so desperate to get a better shift that they would go "At Risk" (obtaining 6+ attendance points) because, for some odd reason, the "At Risk" schedules were much better than the shifts offered to people who showed up on time every day. Also, Roadside Assistance is the only department that works these hours. All of the Enterprise branches work almost Banker's hours. That doesn't make sense seeing as many of Enterprises customers don't stop traveling just because it gets dark.

Terrible policies for problems: If your customer has a flat tire while driving a car that they rented 10 minutes ago (that was checked in 15 minutes ago and therefore never inspected), and they didn't take out the Roadside Assistance Plan when renting the car, you are forced to apply a service fee for someone to come out and change the tire. Many customers would flat out scream, and curse at you.... all day long. That's just one example.

Absurd expectations for Call Handling Time: When I was there, they wanted your calls under 8 1/2 minutes. It was later found that the only people who accomplished this were people who blantantly did not do their job. Unfortunately, call handling time played a big role in your raises/ ability to leave the department/ ability to get a better schedule. So, people would get so desperate that they would simply not do what they were supposed to, and cut corners to get their call time down.

Turnover was around 75%. Seriously. Because turnover is so high, Enterprise HR no longer does reference checks over the phone. They now send perspective employers to a website where they will have to pay $20 simply to get your rate of pay, and dates of employment. How many perspective employers are going to want to do that?

Terrible Reputation with other departments: Often the individual Enterprise locations would lie to us when we called to inquire about other vehicles because they knew that we were going to take one of their vehicles as a replacement for a car that had broken down. You will be insulted, called names, hung up on... by your own collegues.

Terrible training that doesn't train you for the "real" job.

Terrible management who often times haven't even done the job that you are currently doing.

I have more, but you get the jist. Do not work for this department! It is one of the worst decisions that I have ever made.

Fundamentally change everything about the Roadside Assistance department. You would be surprised what your employees honestly think about the job/ company.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!