Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
  www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I love it

Current Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the people, everyone is really friendly. The pay is nice (for a college student).

Cons

the weather, you have to adjust and be able to have open availability

training!

3248 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Exhausting, outdated ways of promoting, emotionally tough!

Former Employee - Manager Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Manager Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Since everyone is about the same age it's easy to find friends, staff is helpful whenever there is a problem. Fast track promotions (well if higher level staff like you enough). Looks good on resume.
    A lot of happy hours, and company gatherings, for promoting you have to go to these things since it really is based on if you are liked or not. The good thing is the tab is paid by ERAC.

Cons

They emphasize customer service as being number 1 but this is not the case its all about sales numbers. Sales and money is all that ERAC thinks about. If a customer doesn't have a reservation and is a "walk up" we pretty much charge any price usually management likes it to be above 50 dollars/day for the smallest car. People are promoted quickly because of reaching their numbers NOT because of showing good leadership. I have seen some great leaders leave because they did not reach their sales. It is a very sad culture that ERAC has, people are constantly quitting. The hours are long about 12 hours each day. Clean cars in nice clothing. They Don't abide by California work regulations as far as breaks go. They move you around which can be good if you don't get along with your branch manager, but then have to deal with a new set of customer's who think you are new and try to pull the wool over your eyes by telling you the last employee always gave them deals.
    That is another thing we always want to run tight so we rent to just about anyone, since we do not do credit checks just verify insurance or employment and even if a customer doesn't have either but is buying OUR insurance it's about sales so we go ahead and rent. Since Promotions are also based on Employee survey quality Index ,ESQI we pretty much rely on customer's to help our career. Unfortunately that makes us bend over backwards for the people who huff and puff over the most ridiculous of things, and no matter what you do they will always be unhappy, rather than those who are loyal customers. Since you deal with all types of people there is a sense of entitlement they have. People always want a Cadillac for the 9.99 weekend special. You have to have a back bone to deal with the riff raff that comes in. Because for sure someone will cuss you out because you charged them a detail fee, or window chip or whatever. This is where many times I wanted to walk out on the dumbest/rudest of customer's. Because our goal is to run tight, we sometimes have put cars that were due for an oil change (LOFR) or cars that needed to go to re-marketing back on the road, it's against company policy to do this and can be dangerous, but branch managers really only care about their commission and act as individual islands rather than working collectively, hence the drop fees to other branches.

The whole management trainee system has to be overhauled, no wonder so many employees quit in their first year. Pay is lower than non-degree type jobs. Hours are too long, this makes employees resent their work. A new change on how promotions should be handled instead of focusing too much on ESQI.

Good place to build your resume but man...

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You build your resume. That's it point blank. Anyone can do this job, a 17 year old could do this job, they just wouldn't last longer than 2 days. Thats why they only hire college grads because for some reason they are more apt to put up with the BS.

Cons

Standing for 12-13 hours a day, being outside in 110+ degree heat wearing an f'in suit and tie, washing cars in an f'in suit and tie, low pay, keep the carrot and the stick in front of you but once you realize how awful it is you lose all hope for life and inevitably end up hating your existence day in and day out, getting screamed at by what seems a daily gathering of the public retards in your branch. Aside from all of that, your job literally depends on you selling a service to people that almost all of them already have, insurance. You are literally double covering their rental vehicle for them if they have full coverage insurance on at least one of their own vehicles. If the customer has an ounce of intelligence they wont buy from you. You essentially have to paint a horrible border line lie of a picture in their mind to sway people's opinions.

ummm revamp everything. More pay, more employees per branch, and get rid of the stupid sales qualifications to advance. I was top 10 in my matrix for my entire stint at home city and top 4 at our airport location (best of the best associates from the city) for my time up there, yet when I came back to the home city location I was put in a branch with a much more affluent and intelligent customer base and my numbers went down the tubes. it was horribly demoralizing to know you had a bad day because no one bought from you. The sales aspect of the job isn't much more than luck given you have some sort of innate ability to talk to people, yet your gauge from my promotability is based solely upon my sales numbers. Of course my numbers are going to be better working in the inner city where half the people that walk in the door only have liability insurance and essentially have to take out the extra coverage. Then when I get moved and put in a better part of the city my numbers drop, is it that I'm not working as hard? No, if anything it's the opposite. Now how's that even close to be the level playing field you so often preached about?

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car