(Temporary Hire) Overall Impression= Personable yet professional atmosphere

Former Employee - Receptionist in Novato, CA
Former Employee - Receptionist in Novato, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Helpful lists of contact numbers easily accessible/organized - Higher-ups would check-in upon occasion, acknowledging the isolated nature of the corporate position with few phone calls - Gain vast experience since other employers may ask for assistance with their projects

Cons

- Little contact with other staff members throughout the day, a somewhat isolated position - Tasks= repetitive

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sketchy Culture and Bad Pay makes entry level college grads go CRAZY!!!

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The goal of being employed here is to some day be a manager and the position training reflects this. Also, they give you discounts on renting cars from them.

Cons

EVERYONE is a management trainee. That said, who are these people kidding? Do you really think everyone actually buys that they will some day be the one running the show? Let's see, 5 management trainees per location... not sure we're gonna need this many managers. In the mean time, here's $30K a year to do my bidding. The pay will be just enough to barely keep yourself alive until you finally get that promotion. The hours are horrible: 7am-6pm M-F is pretty common, and you'll also be expected to pull shifts on every other Saturday. The culture is nauseating... the regional manager will come by and expect you to go to a "morale building" happy hour after you're done working your 10-13 hour shift so you might see your family before 9pm, he'll strongarm you into donating some of your pennies to the United Way (huge administration fees btw), and expect you to come in to work in a shirt and tie to rent cars. Your bill from the cleaners will be astronomical due to the disparity between your required attire versus requirements of the job , but they deem this worth it since Enterprise is soooo professional compared to HERTZ or ALAMO, who have a nice and neat polo and slacks combo with their logo printed on the shirt. After working here for a very short stint, I hereby refuse to even rent a car from Enterprise, let alone even consider employment with them ever again.

2. Enterprise

Current Employee - Citations Processor in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Citations Processor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise has always treated me well. I get great pay, great benefits, and a great work environment. Obviously, every manager is a little bit different, but my managers have always been very understanding, and it shows that they honestly care about their employees. Definitely the happiest I have ever been at a job.

Cons

Enterprise is a pretty conservative company, so with that comes pretty strict dress code rules and corporate policies. That's about the only downside I can think of, and it's a minor one.