There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Good job to have while looking for another one

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Dallas, TX
Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Corporate side is great, but have to go through retail to ever get a chance there.
- There are many free events, such as mixers and sports leagues.
- Many positions allow you to drive a company car.

Cons

- Hours are terrible!!! You have to work a minimum of 49 hours a week as an MT and more as a manager
- All about sales. You could be the dumbest person in the world, but as long as you're a salesman you'll be loved by everyone.
- Most unprofessional job I have ever had. Almost everyone is an alcoholic and most of the people in management are the ones who barely graduated from college and didn't learn squat (I know cause I've investigated).

Advice to Management

There is so much I will not even bother. The reason my title is labeled "...while looking for another job" is because that is what almost everyone does here. The retention is so bad because people that are actually worth something are not appreciated due to lack of sales, so they decide to look elsewhere. I was an Intern for the summer and almost transitioned to an MT after graduation, but I attained a job as an engineer right before graduation. I can say I will never work at Enterprise or rent from them ever again after I experienced what goes on backstage.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Welcome to corporate America

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Augusta, GA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great business model, willing to train with entry level of any background as long as you have a degree

Cons

numbers become more important than customer, often times over looking the customer's means

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company car, 3% match on 401k and 100% after 6 years of service, sonority not a priority, most management young. Pay is decent for young adults depending on geographical location.

Cons

communication is dismal: i.e. upper management is never on same page as lower management. Priorities change daily. Many unethical employees are recognized over more ethical employees. Upper management does not listen to needs of employees: shortage on cars, shortage of employees, etc. Upper management leaves lower management to the wolves when it comes to difficult issues.

Advice to Management

Listen better to your people. Be more ethical in decision making. Better support for the employees (have cars to supply the customer, customer not always right, assist with difficult situations).