Loving where I work

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It takes hard work, no doubt about it, but they reward hard work too. I absolutely love the people I work with and I have had several promotions and the financial rewards back it up based upon my own and my team's efforts.

Cons

I honestly having nothing but great things to say for the years of support this company has given to me to both pesonally and professionally!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and they will continue to provide great customer service that this company was founded on

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hard work and good sales will pay off

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They always promote from within so you never have to worry about them hiring a manager over you who has not been in your shoes and that hasn't done the task that you have done. Very easy to get along with co-workers and usually I found myself hanging out them outside of work as well.

Cons

If you don't excel at sales it will be harder to get promoted even though you may excel well above other employees in other key areas. The work days can tend to get long but on the plus side you usually have the weekends off or are getting off on Saturdays pretty early. Starting pay is pretty low but after being promoted to assistant manager and above the pay gets better.

Advice to Management

Look at the big picture when promoting instead of focusing mainly on sales to promote more well rounded managers. I know for myself I was average at sales and got passed up for some promotions when I truly believe that I was the best option for the position and proved it at different locations by making those branches more successful with better employees. Sales is not 100% of the job as a manager.

2. Great company, long hours

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in East Hartford, CT

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that creates a great family experience. Tight team with lots of sales training. Great place to get sales experience and learn how to handle high pressure situations

Cons

Low pay is a con but typically they do their best to get you right out of college so it's not too bad.
    Only seven days off total including holidays a year which means you'll be working a lot

Advice to Management

Keep it up and keep growing