Enterprise Rent-A-Car

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Hard work - great friends

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've made some great friends while working at Enterprise. The days are long, so making friends with co-workers is essential. Great entry level job for the resume.

Cons

HARD WORK. HARD WORK. HARD WORK. Washing cars in a suit, being abused by customers, difficult to promote, antiquated business structures, etc. It was difficult to take any sort of pride in work.

Stop abusing your employees by letting the good ones go so quickly. It's hard work and they should be rewarded more. And more frequently. Senior managers, remember what it was like when you were an MT or an AM. HARD WORK. It is important to have your employees enjoying as much of their day as possible. And Area Managers, it would be nice if you cared about the young MTs. They are the most vulnerable at that point.

3165 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Don't Do It

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Good Experience. Every other job will seem like you're only working half days in the future.

Cons

Customers are turds. Longest hours. Little pay. Selling overpriced products that customers either don't need or can't afford.

Give us commissions!

Personality Needs to Match the Job

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience in: sales, marketing, customer service and certain processes around the rental industry, networking.

I think I learned a lot being in this company and it has helped me understand more about ways to sell and how I want to develop myself as an individual. I will say, it definitely gives you more knowledge in renting cars as there are some things employees won't tell you as a customer that probably would be best to know in more detail. I've also been more preared at confronting people and being able to manpulate the situations that come up. There is a lot to take back from working a short, or long, time at this company. Being at a branch was more relaxed than the airport as you can take time understanding processes, while the airport prepares you for quick action and thinking on your feet. You also meet some great people to work along side.

Cons

Issues of: Long hours (odd hours if at airport), lack of early training in liability rules, people tended to be sneaky with selling coverage in order to get good numbers, too sales oriented on goals, some lack of communication/help, picky/rude customers that can be hard to deal with, being outside in high temperatures.

I found more issues with the position as I went along, huge thing was knowing what the liability rules were if customers did something to the cars or of different situations. I was never taught that ahead that I could address that with customers. In addition to how to handle that negativity. They give you training around a month after you start and even before then if you make a mistake it spells big trouble in many ways. Although management doesn't fire you, it feels better to resolve an issue than cause it...The hours were also killer as I did not have a social life, or even had time to run my errands. You basically are working close to 50hrs a week in addition to the stress of trying to maintain your numbers in order to be promoteable. The issue with this system is not all managers you end up working under have the best leadership skills, or communication. The big picture is supposed to be customer service, but all I see is money from the customer at any cost...

Need to organize the initial training and not cloud the fact that even though we get nice things, it doesn't hide the issues that are still going on within walls.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car