Enterprise Rent-A-Car

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Enterprise has a comprehensive training and development program. Hands on training is provided for the MT, training manuals are used, feedback and coaching consistently provided daily while in the rental branch as well as during weekly and monthly meetings with management. Classroom training is geared towards adult learning and includes roleplays, hands on, brainstorming and more. Local senior leadership facilitates the training and experts of departments are brought in for this training. Support from all levels of management.

Cons

Very fast pace, a lot of multi-tasking, ovewhelming at first trying to learn all areas of the business, 49 hour work week, service agents are assigned to the branch to clean cars however, when busy, the rest of the team helps.

none

3184 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

great company

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Enterprise is a great company to work for. I've really enjoyed my experience here and I plan on growing my career with this company.

Cons

There is absolutely no need for improvement. This company is great and I wouldn't change a thing about my job.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Not worth it

Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very young work environment. Most co-workers will be fresh out of college. I made many friends here and had a lot of fun at after-work happy hours. All the opportunity in the world to advance, provided you want to stay with the company. Good dental. "Flex" days, so you can leave a little early one day a week. Job security -- they will fire you if your sales numbers are bad, but they need to be very bad, and bad for a long time before you'll even be put on probation. They offer 401k and match 3%.

Cons

Really rough job. Expect to spend most of your day outside in the rain, snow, freezing cold, heat, etc. If it snows, you'll be shoveling cars out all day. Expect to clean many cars in a suit, every day. The dress code is a bit ridiculous for the work you're doing, and they're pretty strict about it. The pay is very poor considering the number of hours you'll be working (minimum 10 hour days, some days up to 14). You'll be expected to work weekends. Depending on the type of location you're working in, you may also work nights and holidays. The health benefits are poor and they only give you 7 paid days off during your first year, which is less than most companies give. Although there are plenty of career opportunities within daily rental, there are barely any in the corporate office, so unless you're okay with working in the daily rental environment for the rest of your career (which I'm sure you don't), you can't really go anywhere. Expect to pick up customers/drive them home. It's extremely awkward and actually kind of dangerous. Customers treat you like crap and don't realize that you need a college degree to work as an MT and that you actually ARE a smart, educated individual. Working at Enterprise is essentially working retail, so if you wouldn't work in a retail environment, this is not for you. Managers play favorites BIG TIME and you'll see people (mainly kiss-asses) get promoted that don't deserve it. Enterprise DOES expect that your job becomes your life -- they expect the world from you.

I am NOT a lazy person and have worked my whole life. I've worked long hours, OT, jumped through hoops at other jobs, etc. I just want people to know what they're getting themselves into with Enterprise. It is not a bad company, but it is also not for everyone, and had I known what it would be like before taking the job, I never would have. It simply is not worth the pay.

Realize how tough