Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterpriseholdings.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

A great company that cares about it's employees and customers

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Enterprise follows a hire from within policy in which every employee starts as a management trainee. You will never have a manager ask you to do something they won't or haven't done themselves. Every level of management has worked their way up and can uniquely relate to a brand new employee.
Most employees truly enjoy coming to work on a daily basis. Having fun in the branches is a must.
The employees and management are given a lot of autonomy to run a branch and not micro managed on every aspect of daily operations.
The starting pay has significantly improved and there is a huge potential to increase your pay substantially in just your first couple of years.

Cons

The customers and accounts can be difficult at times but that can be said for any company or career that deals with the general public.

3506 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Targeted recent Grads to become slaves for the Company

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of your coworkers will be your age, including your manager
    Training
    Looks good on a Resume (we'll see about that)
    Good Sales Techniques

Cons

working 11 hour days (7-6pm and that's if you get out on time)
    Mandatory 48 hour work week.
    Alot of Customer's are jerks, especially when they have been in a car accident.
    Cleaning cars in your Business clothes (after a while, I stopped wearing my good shoes, blouses and slacks...they will get ruined)

The constant pressure of selling every single product that they offer from Management. You will be bombarded with emails from your branch manager, assistant manager, area manager and Group Manager. If your numbers are not doing well.

Bottom line is, Enterprise is a commission based business for management only. They want you to work from the Bottom Up. You will never be able to apply for a Manager Position without going through all the positions & the time frame that you have to stay in that position & sell well. They Promote within the company. The money that the managers make for what they have to deal with isn't even close to being worth it. I feel bad for those who are stuck there

Cut the employee's hours
    increase the job pay
    give the MTs &MAs a percentage of their sales.
    I think Andy Taylor should go on Under Cover Boss and really see what his company is about. I hope he is a better person than how the company treats their employees.

Great place to launch a career

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Terrific opportunity, great coworkers, and the chance to run your own business with someone elses assets.

Cons

Long Hours, that is all

Come to work to work, learn, share and have fun

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car